Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seatbelt Buckle falling down - is there a quick fix?

We just got this '00 OBW and the seatbelt buckles keep on sliding down between the seat and the car. It's a pain to try and find them each time we drive somewhere.

In my friends 4runner, there is a small, smooth(ish) rivet that stops the buckle from dropping to far. Is there something out there that will do that?

I looked at autozone, and all they had was a huge thing you wrap around the belt. It would have worked, but looked ugly. I'm looking for an elegant fix.

Thanks

We just got this '00 OBW and the seatbelt buckles keep on sliding down between the seat and the car. It's a pain to try and find them each time we drive somewhere.

In my friends 4runner, there is a small, smooth(ish) rivet that stops the buckle from dropping to far. Is there something out there that will do that?

I looked at autozone, and all they had was a huge thing you wrap around the belt. It would have worked, but looked ugly. I'm looking for an elegant fix.

Thanks

Use a 2-piece "upholstery button" from an automotive trim shop or a furniture re-upholstery shop. They are available to match the typical gray or tan interior colors. Simply push the pin from the "male" portion of the button thru the belt webbing, then snap the female section onto the pin to cover it.

Use a 2-piece "upholstery button" from an automotive trim shop or a furniture re-upholstery shop. They are available to match the typical gray or tan interior colors. Simply push the pin from the "male" portion of the button thru the belt webbing, then snap the female section onto the pin to cover it.

Thats better than my idea, i would have used a small button, and sewed it to the webbing.

You wanna be careful, as you don't want to cut any of the threads in the webbing.

I sewed on a button, but it didn't last. Fortunately, the mass of thread that held the button on does the trick to stop the buckle fromn sliding!

Originally, there was a small rectangular button there. Cheap round ones off an old shirt don't hold up.