Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GL's

Major GL-10 options were the touring roof, audio system (cassette decks were still an option on the window sheet and were usually dealer installed), metallic paint, roof rack, sunroof wind deflector, alloy wheels and floor mats. Unfortunately, order the touring roof and lose the power sunroof :-\

Turbo and nonturbo, front-, 4, and AWD were available, mated to a five speed manual or 3 or 4 speed auto.

subaru made the ea82 body style thru 1994 but called it loyale from 90 on when the legacy came out in 90

the touring wagons i have seen were gl-10's. alleyboy in columbus has a gl-10 turbo touring wagon, FWD auto converted to 4wd dual range

make a gl-10 touring wagon into an rx driveline and aero kit, 5 lug suspension and spider intake and its the ultimate ea82 setup!

I've never seen a GL I recognized with a 'touring' roof, pics anywhere? Sounds like my next dream car.

Meanwhile a GL question for my 1988 wagon, "light blue" paint code anyone know them? Berkeley Subaru dealer can't identify it but has no touch up paint even close. IT's the 'powder' blue standard color, nothing else close in those models.

Meanwhile a GL question for my 1988 wagon, "light blue" paint code anyone know them? Berkeley Subaru dealer can't identify it but has no touch up paint even close. IT's the 'powder' blue standard color, nothing else close in those models.

Check with your local automotive paint store. They're the ones that supply paint to the body shops. Even if you don't have a standard color, they can still give you an exact match.

That what i have then. I think it had almost every option. But no cup holders.

Touring wagons have a different roofline than normal Subaru wagons, with a hump that starts a little bit behind the windshield (IIRC)... sort of like they welded another wagon roof on top of the regular one, giving a couple inch rise in the roofline.

Touring wagons have a different roofline than normal Subaru wagons, with a hump that starts a little bit behind the windshield (IIRC)... sort of like they welded another wagon roof on top of the regular one, giving a couple inch rise in the roofline.

Here's a not really great picture of my touring wagon. The yellow parts are the sides of the raised up part of the roof. Gives about 4" extra headroom for the back hatch and rear seats.

How can they not know the paint color? Light blue seems to be the color of half the subaru's around here. I've owned four subaru's that color (none presently though, or I'd go get the code)

Green89.jpg