Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what do you like about your suby?

Buddy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So easy to fix and maintain, I swapped clutches, transmissions, everything and all without a problem - never would have done this to a Holden (GM)!! or Ford!! People think I'm clever for dpoing this. I can talk to Ford V8 heads and most mechanics and they 'freak out' that I fix suby me self!!!

Reliable - my auto 93 Loyale has done 260,000 kms no issues, my previous ea81 wagons just went and went.

Upgrades - easy to swamp and change things to improve them

The sound - I can pick a suby coming from anywhere, that engine noise is better than a V8 for mine!

Don't like the seats!

I like the fact that with my 4 Inch AA lift and VLSD in the rear I can go anywhere a pickup with 33"s can go. (cuz I dont have that gay solid front axle stickin down low. Not to mention my rear diff sits about 3 inches higher than a stock chevy pickup..

Easy to work on, tougher than nails.. When is mine going to die?!?!

my dad's 2001 chevy's rear diff sits a little above 8inches from the ground! mine sits 13.. thats about 4.5 inches higher, but, we don't have nearly as much articulation and downtravle as the solid axled rigs. but you HAVE to love the ground clearance, makes clearing ruts very very nice.