Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how easy to put wrx seats in rx?

eddygordouk

I was searching around here and saw some cars that had done mods to put more recent seats and and I got to thinking, I browse around alot on nasioc and stuff cuz my friendss have more recent cars and it seems alot of people pawn off their wrx seats infavour of sti interior, quite cheaply infact. How hard (if possible) would it be to swap in recent wrx seats or sumthin? The new 04 ones are pretty ggood for bucket seats and they go for dirt cheap for how much bolster support they provide. Just and idea.

It should be an easy swap. I put seats from an early-model impreza in my EA82 wagon last summer, and it was a cakewalk. The spacing of the seat rails is identical. You have to drill two new holes for each seat, but that's easy.

I don't know if this changed when they updated the Impreza in 2002. If the rail spacing is different, it wouldn't be hard to fabricate some adapters out of some flat stock.

if you have seats with the side airbag, i would highly reccomend removing the airbags and inflators. those things have quite a bit of explosive power, and if your car was not designed for them, they could become a liability.

Obviously if your car did come with them they are a great lifesaving thing to have.

well of course, the rx wont support the airbag part. how easy would it be to take out a side airbag? if anyone knows or has done? i dont want to drive around and then watch the passenger all of a sudden blast to the side, all though for some reason the way i say it sounds pretty funny. :-\

i dunno if this matters or not... but all the new gen cars have (at least) driver side electric seats...

so i dunno how hard it would be to wire it up and have it funtion properly...

(i'm assuming they have power seats... 01 leg has them... 04's gotta...)