Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 with Peugeot 15' 's

Ok, I have found two sets of 15 inch Peugeot mags on a New Zealand auction site, and am very interested in buying them.

I think I remember reading about offset issues and other than stock tyres on Gen 1 vehicles. True?

Also what size tyres would be needed to keep stock size?

One pair comes with all lug nuts, center caps and tyres with good tread,

But.... A significantly higher price than the others... link

And the other pair, have some curb damage, no rubber, and no lug nuts.... Link

Would the rubber already on one set work ok? (see link)

Any help and comments appreciated, Pictures...:brow:?

Ohk cool, I'm not completely with it on the tyre sizes etc, But would prefer wider over bigger diameter.

Just been talking to the parents, If I'm lucky I may only have to pay halve the cost or something, the rest for X-mas!:banana:

What do you guys think about the cheaper pair? I have no idea how available peugeot lug nuts would be over here.

Thanks for the quick replies!

EDiT: The Peugeot lugnuts have the same thread as the Subarus?

205/50/15's, no rubbing issues at all (not even close). Plus, the car handles VERY well now, I was surprised (I can throw it into a corner like with my Impreza and it doesn't squeel at all and just turns in nicely). The car also looks much more agressive and just plain more cool :P

Pics:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166896604/458793324uMyRNS

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166896604/458792973jibXAC

Ok, thanks for that, I am still unsure whether I will get the Peugeot wheels, But I definately need some new rubber asap...

I'm getting all confused...The drivers door has pressures for 155's, and wouldn't different sizes put the speedo out?

Sorry about all the questions

it will a little bit... the tires are about 1 inch taller overall... so half an inch increase in radius...

so it won't change it enough for the speedo to be inaccurate... now if you were to go to like a 29 inch tall tire... then you'd have speedo troubles!:drunk:

but i wouldn't worry about it... even at like 120km/h its probably only going to be like 10km/h off at the most... i could do the math for you if you'd like...

but i'm running 175/70/13's... and i don't have much trouble...(my trouble comes with it being in mph while i live in a country that uses km/h...:rolleyes: )

Mmm yea ok, Ill have to ask this afternoon when i'm in town what range there is in 175/70.

Thanks for that.

If you do a bit of gravel and off road, you might like to find a dealer that stocks simex tires - they make some resonably priced tires in the size that you want, and they have very strong sidewalls for a road tire.

Dont buy anything with a name like Road Champ, Sky power, or Good-Ride if you ever go off the road. Their sidewalls are crap. they wear out really fast too.

Spend the extra money and get the simexs', or go with some firestone firehawks or Dunlops if you can afford it.

If you do a bit of gravel and off road, you might like to find a dealer that stocks simex tires - they make some resonably priced tires in the size that you want, and they have very strong sidewalls for a road tire.

Dont buy anything with a name like Road Champ, Sky power, or Good-Ride if you ever go off the road. Their sidewalls are crap. they wear out really fast too.

Spend the extra money and get the simexs', or go with some firestone firehawks or Dunlops if you can afford it.

I get payed soon:drunk:

Thanks I will ask around.

The tyres I have at the moment are some sort of commercial snow tyre from a long time ago, they have worn very quickly in the two or 3 months I've had the car.

Ok went to town, can't find anyone who stocks simex, still one place I havn't tried yet though.

One place had some Bridgestones I think with a pretty beefy tread for about $100NZ. Sounds about right?

Oh well I've got a while to think about it anyway, till the shops open up again....

The worst your speedo would be off with wider tires (but with a 15" wheel with lower profile tires) is probably less than 5mph at 70mph.

But since my speedo cable is fubared, I cant tell you exactly what its like.

I can tell you that with slightly taller tires, your gearing is slightly taller as a result, which means you do lower RPM's at speed, which is good for mileage and means you can go a touch faster with the 4-speed.