Ultimate Subaru Message Board

looking to upgrade within the next year or so from my 90 legacy to an 05 rs.... is there anything that is problematic with these cars? did they fix the h.g. issue? anyone have any suggestions? likes, or disslikes? im trying to get as much info from the community as possible before i make up my mind...... any and all oppinions will help and are welcome. thanks!

Guest Vickaroo

I say go for the RS..... We have a 2005 RS and love it!!! I mean for the money you get alot of CAR!!!! Or should I say Subaru.... :grin: She is fast (chef Tim) will push her, which pushes me.... Yelp he scares the bogibbies out of me many times. Soooooo I say GO FOR THE GOLD (with the low price sticker) Vicky

I have a 2005 RS, too. (mine's blue. what color is yours, Vicky?) I looooove my car. It has more potential than I use, but I have made it go fast a few times just for jollies. No real problems so far. Just noises to get used to, mainly. I must say I don't like the way the drive-by-wire throttle will punch the engine up to 2,500 rpm for a few seconds to bring the cat up to temp. It happens when the car starts moving (no foot on the gas), so if you're not quick to drop out of gear again the car will take off without you. Pretty scary in parking lots and driveways, but the dealer says that's what it's supposed to do. I will warm that sucker up for a good 2 minutes or more on cold mornings to avoid that "rush", and roll downhill out of gear for the first few seconds cuz it will usually rev up anyway.

I got 38 mpg freeway with 92 octane once, but now I only get about 34 mpg. That 38 was quite a thrill, but I'm happy with 34. Better than the 17 I was getting with my Legacy!