Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rear wiper parking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dave1rr

dave1rr

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Denver

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:56 AM

'96 Impreza Wagon

When the rear wiper was turned on and back to off, the wiper would complete one cycle (to the right then left) and stop in the horizontal "park" position.
Now, when I try that, the wiper just stops in whatever position it happens to be in.
Any ideas what might be causing that to happen?

Thanks

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,643 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:05 PM

Hmm....might be the switch. I'm not sure how the wiring is setup though.

#3 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,624 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:52 PM

'96 Impreza Wagon

When the rear wiper was turned on and back to off, the wiper would complete one cycle (to the right then left) and stop in the horizontal "park" position.
Now, when I try that, the wiper just stops in whatever position it happens to be in.
Any ideas what might be causing that to happen?

Thanks

There is no true "off" going out of the wiper switch. There are two power feeds. One goes to run, the other goes to park, This one energizes the motor through an internal park switch in the motor which is cam operated. When the cam is in the right position, the switch opens up, and the wiper is parked.
Check at the connnector to make sure you have power where you are suposed too. SOunds like the switch.

nippper

#4 Tiny Clark

Tiny Clark

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Germany

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:54 AM

Does the rear wiper have the same setup as the fronts, with the non-splined shaft? My wife has the car, so I can't check it, but maybe the hold-down nut came loose.

#5 fnlyfnd

fnlyfnd

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:47 PM

I had a problem w/ a previous car with the wipers, they would kinda do whatever they wanted. I bought a used motor rump roast. for it, then i realized it was the hold down nut. I just tightened it up and all was good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users