Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie! Just got a 2006 spec.b (Akron OH)

Hi there folks,

Just got a 2006 spec.b and wanted to introduce myself.

Its my 25th car (I buy and sell often) and I love to mod and tune but this is my first subaru.

I'd love to talk with some knowledgeable folks about the differences between the 2.5 boxer in my GT spec.b and the 2.5 in the STi and of course how to get A GREAT DEAL more performance out of my car.

Does the STi just have a bigger turbo and perhaps a higher comp. ratio?

Are the internals more rubust in the sti?

Anyway.. before I get too wrapped up in questions... I just wanted to say hi and a special hello to all those in the Northern Ohio area!

Thanks,

hyteck9

The engine in the Spec b is identical to the Legacy GT. In terms of how it compares with the STI 2.5L, there are quite a few differences. Still, you have lots of room for improvement. Take a look at either an ECUTEK or COBB Accessport reflash. That right there is pretty significant. Next improvement would be in the area of suspension (unless you like the Bilsteins). After that look at downpipe and uppipe and maybe even swapping out a full exhaust to an AVO or other system.

I'd also recommend subscribing to Subiesport Magazine as we have lots of examples and how-to pieces on modding your Subie. ;)

Cheers,

Ryan Douthit, Publisher

Subiesport Magazine

http://www.subiesport.com

Thanks for the greets everyone.

ricochet---

You recommendations sound like a great place to start! I do like the suspension on the spec.B so I will focus on the drivetrain for now. I LOVE the way the car handles.

subeman90---

Nice to meet you. The NAV system in the spec.b had the wrong region settings so when I put in my akron OH address it looked for it in Akron PA!! small world.

The car is #478

coylethebarbarian---

I will check out the mag as you are already the 2nd to mention it!!

Thanks to all !!!!

:D