Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are there any recalls for 99 legacy wagon?

hello does anyone know how to get this information...a link or something online ? do recalls expire ? or does it matter if i am the 2nd owner ? ARE ALL COSTS TO REPAIR COVERED UNDER A RECALL ?

I just found out that there is a recal for the 99 legacy wagon for the MAF Sensor. If you call a dealer in your area and give them your VIN number they will tell you if there are any open recalls. There have only been 3 other recalls, and they didn't effect my legacy wagon. I am the first owner of my car, and I didn't get a recall notice for the MAF Sensor. Someone on this site alerted me to the problem when we were having a hard time diagnosing the problem.

If you type in Subaru recall on google, often times you can find info about any possible recalls. But the best bet is to call your dealer, because some recalls may not be posted yet.

hello does anyone know how to get this information...a link or something online ?

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has databases with all kinds of useful info at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/ .

Safety-related recalls and TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) are among the things to be found there. The basic summaries are free, and you can get the details for a fee. Searches can be done using make/model/year.

Another source:

http://www.autoweb.com/content/own/service/index.cfm/action/recalls

I don't know how up-to-date these listings are.

As far as I know, recalls for safety reasons normally don't expire, and if they weren't addressed for the original owner they will be covered for succeeding owners. On the other hand, certain "actions" are not considered safety recalls, and those may be limited with respect to time/mileage/owner/etc.

--OB99W

Where did you hear about a recall for the MAF? I can't find any record of it?

I just found out that there is a recal for the 99 legacy wagon for the MAF Sensor. If you call a dealer in your area and give them your VIN number they will tell you if there are any open recalls. There have only been 3 other recalls, and they didn't effect my legacy wagon. I am the first owner of my car, and I didn't get a recall notice for the MAF Sensor. Someone on this site alerted me to the problem when we were having a hard time diagnosing the problem.

If you type in Subaru recall on google, often times you can find info about any possible recalls. But the best bet is to call your dealer, because some recalls may not be posted yet.