Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Took a Trip to Hollister Hills ORV (Damage pics!!)

Being that I live 10 minutes from one of California's most prominent ORV parks, I had an itch yesterday to put my Loyale to the test. It's only mods are rear discs and 15" pugs with grippy rally style tires, but damn it did very well!

Paid four bucks at the gate, and they gave me directions to an back roads entrance to the "Upper Ranch" Off-road trail area...It was amazing to say the least. There are countless trails, all rated from green circle bunny trails to triple-black Diamond "Tank Stopper" trails. Then, there is the off-road park, where countless obstacles are set up such as bogs, rock crawler courses, log-courses, mud pits, puddles of all sizes, hill climbs etc...

Very diverse terrain to say the least.

When we got in there, i took a few looks at some of the trails and didnt think I could get through some of the due to extreme clearance issues. After I got warmed up, and realized what the potential of this car is in this terrain, I was amazed at what it could articulate. Mucho leglifters and diff-dragging, but it did great. would have been even cooler if rain had touched down any time recently.

Then suddenly, as my nonsensibility meter inflated as did my ego, I charged off of a huge ridge, caught a good four feet of air, and then nose-dived right into the skidplate and oil pan :dead:

the tail end whipped up, slammed down, bottoming out, and then bounded into the air again!! my buddy was laughing his rump roast off when he realized that I wasn't hurt. I was thinking how lucky i was that the oil pan didnt split right there! time for PnP...

http://photos8.msn.com/imageserver/image.aspx?Image=HcZNnT9kkUh6!cx8ceVWZnvKU3RK0ivFR5MImARk93*GQNb!iL75fHuiWBKHotWc!ooCgRI*BlUAlM9WqzwHHm9fLt48l3J*Xy4Czx1toUQRRUf6Ew*D0Rmra4UevK3gx*3fbACNqB9SWyC!gcrsCQ$$

thers the pic link

The closest I can do is to provide a better broken link. Don't click on it, it won't work.

http://photos8.msn.com/imageserver/image.aspx?Image=HcZNnT9kkUh6!cx8ceVWZnvKU3RK0ivFR5MImARk93*GQNb!iL75fHuiWB%20KHotWc!ooCgRI*BlUAlM9WqzwHHm9fLt48l3J*Xy4Czx1toUQRRUf6Ew*D0Rmra4UevK3gx*3fbACNqB9SWyC!gcrsCQ$$

(vB won't parse that link correctly and treat it as either an img or http link, it puts a space after the '?'.)

If you have a browser that shows you the link (Netscape, Mozilla) in the status bar, you can see the error: a space inserted between '?' and "Image..."

If you're using IE in default mode, you are "protected" from this information :/

You can RMB on the link, copy it to clipboard, then paste it to the Location field, then edit it to remove the errant space, to see his battered undercarriage. That'll work.