Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX 2.5" exhaust no muffs...loud!

so I just got done fabing up the rest of my exhaust system for the RX.

I already was running the Ghetto 2.5" down pipe I made and the last guy chopped the muffler and did 2.5 pipe(no muffler) out the back. so it had a good down pipe and axle back system but restrictive middle.

he he.. not any more:)

I did the center all 2.5" pipe as well. man the test drive was loud.

its going to be fun in the dirt but I dont think I could drive it long on the street without going deaf or geting pulled over all the time.

and turbo whine? oh yeah. you can hear it purr at idle:slobber:

pics would be lame and you really would not appreciate the sound unless you heard it in pearson. so no.

When I had my first turbo(second Subie), The exhaust fell apart on my ride home from getting it inspected! So, I cut the exhaust 3 inches past the O2 bung on the downpipe, clamped on some flexible exhaust pipe to make the bend down, and clamped on a small glasspack muffler. That was my exhaust for a year and man was that loud! I could see people turning to see what the hell was flying down the road and see the confusion on their faces when they saw a blue Subaru! The turbo whine sounded sweet too!