Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Goin to mud races

Guest lumpycam

Guest lumpycam

Hi everyone, I would like to invite everyone near me to come to the mud races at Devils' Ridge.I will be running my suby thru its paces.I recently made a few more improvements like: Weber card with custom adapter,limiting straps and disty mods.I also picked up one rear end with 4:44 gears and am currently setting it up with a lsd.I hope to have the second rear soon. I am also buying new TSL radials (31X9.50X15) wich will be on steel (possible Toyota ) wheels.

The mud races will be held near Horseshoe lake from 10 am to 5 pm.You can come from either 395 or hwy 2 . Horseshoe lake is near Deer Park WA.

Should be the baddest suby there, probable only suby racing the mud.Last year there were several racing the obstacle course including a brat and a very short 78 wagon.

Guest lumpycam

Sorry about that, The Races are tomorro.The next races are in late Aug. wich conflict with the Rubicon run.Unless we have a schedule change for the rubicon This time will be the first and only time this year.I went to the first meet this spring but didn't have my suby ready to run.I should have posted a little sooner but wasn't sure if I was gonna make it.

Guest offroadsubaruguy

you can get 4.44 rear diffs from the auto forrester, thats the only one in america i can think of, all the others come from over seas off of impreza's

Guest thesubarukid

Hey lumpy, how far from post falls, is this place? Post falls is about 20 miles east of spokane. would i just take 90 to 2 or 395, which is faster? They both start out the same road then split at the outskirts of spokane. looks like 395 would be the way to go to deer park, but the map doesnt show horseshoe lake. if you could give me some detailed directions from when i get into deerpark, that would be great.

I want to come, and hopefully will be able to. I guess it all comes down to gas money and if the car can make it w/o overheating (bad radiator).

let me know,

Thanks,

Kyle

Guest Mike W

Hey your's should be the baddest Subaru dang near anywhere on the planet! How about taking some pictures so those of us stuck at home can see what we missed out on? And I bet Brett and those other BYB guys wouldn't mind seeing what Yanky gymkanas look like. Hope ya' kick some muddy arse, have tons o' fun, and don't break nuthin' ya can't weld! BTW, is that sexy paint job done yet?

Guest lumpycam

O.K. sorry I didn't give you guys more time to plan on this.But it was sorta last minute for me too.I just got home from a very hot day at the mud drags. I went with the hope of making a full run in the mud pit and came home happy with 3 of 4 full runs and two trophies.I ran in two classes, one was 4 and 6 cylinders and the other was stock class.There was some good competition for me from a 6 cylinder cj7 with lockers and a toyota pickup with 35" boggers and a built 4 cyl.I won 3rd in 4/6 class and 2nd in stock class.There were about 6 rigs in each class that I ran. The mud pit is 300 ft long and very deep,the first run I got to 3/4 track and stuck in a very big hole.The next three runs I ran the whole way thru.I do need more hp and more tire speed to go faster thru the mud.All in all I came home a very happy suby owner.I did manage to get one run on video and am having it put on dvd.My nephew is burning it tonight and will email it to me.

I will need help in posting it to the net as I do not have any webspace.

The owner of the track said he had seen subarus attempt the mud pit but none had every looked as awesome as mine.

The next mud races are on Aug. 23 at the same location,I will post a map later on.I do not know if I will be at the next race as it might conflict with prior plans (rubicon 2003)

Guest lumpycam

Oh yeah, The 4.44:1 gear come from any subaru 96 and newer with a 2.5 and Auto trans. I am looking for a second rear if anyone has it.I paid $75.00 for one rear at the SUBY STUFF SHOP in Hayden lake Idaho.I found more at Spaldings wrecking in Spokane but they want $200.00 each(ouch!)

Also the Lsd unit will fit right in with longer ringgear bolts and grinding of case like the 3.90 gear swap.

Guest SubaruJunkie

Hey Lumpy... get ahold of me. I can host that video for you. I might need to compress it so its easier for people to download, but i have the space available and the tools needed to do it.

Let me know.

-Brian

Guest Ms Pushrod

Ezap,I E mailed you and qman, as soon as we knew!!!!!!!!!!OK Ezap,qman,(and all others)AUG,23.03 Mud races.Lumpycam (was the only subaru to make it threw so far)WILL MAKE MAPS FROM SPOKANE,for those coming from SEATTLE WAY.IDAHO WAY,go to Newport wa.We will make a Map from there. we were planing to head down to the Big R the 24th,will that work ???????Ezap????????qman????????4x4 4LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lori &Bob

Guest Ms Pushrod

Great!!!!!!!!you know where we'll be heading for this Friday eve,right ?:cool: 4x4 4LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!