Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Changing dash lights in Impreza

This is very easy, the only thing to remove for access is the trim bezel with vents, held with two screws above the knobs and some spring tabs. You will see three bulbs in 1/4-turn sockets. The bulbs are type 74 and can be found in part stores.

This is very easy, the only thing to remove for access is the trim bezel with vents, held with two screws above the knobs and some spring tabs. You will see three bulbs in 1/4-turn sockets. The bulbs are type 74 and can be found in part stores.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Sorry, my Impreza does not have any screws above the knobs. Are they hidden somewhere?

I know '97 control panel is different from '93-96 because recirculation flap is operated by cable, but the opening and trim should be the same. If so, the screws should be on the recessed surface of the bezel that surrounds the knobs, at 12 o'clock position facing straight down. The screws go in at an almost vertical angle so they aren't seen by people in the seats. If you still don't see any screw maybe the bezel is held only by the tabs, as '98+, but their dashboard is completely different.

Thanks for the reply. I'll look harder but I suspect it's different. I can't believe no one has done one of these before.

I know '97 control panel is different from '93-96 because recirculation flap is operated by cable, but the opening and trim should be the same. If so, the screws should be on the recessed surface of the bezel that surrounds the knobs, at 12 o'clock position facing straight down. The screws go in at an almost vertical angle so they aren't seen by people in the seats. If you still don't see any screw maybe the bezel is held only by the tabs, as '98+, but their dashboard is completely different.

Generally speaking Chiltons is horrible; I've been looking for a FSM for the Imp since we got it and haven't found one. Contrary to popular belief, I don't know everything!:)

Were is the Chiltons???

Ed Your not prepared?? That doesn't seem like you..