Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheel Spacer Adapters

1maBrat

:brow:These wheel spacers are made to fit Standard 6 bolt pattern, 6 on 5 1/2 and are adapted to 5 on 4 1/2 , adding spacers ONLY adds 2 1/2 inches to your stance. I would like to have these made on a Subaru 4 bolt, to Chevy 6 bolt, and was wondering what the interest would be if I had them made .anyone????

I am presently using these spacers only on my 78 Brat, PICS INCLUDED :grin: .

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=13363

Comments welcome and apreciated, thanks in advance, Dale :banana:

Many readily available 6-lug wheels already have a large negative offset which would place them plenty far out if you wanted that. Doing a 6-lug conversion to your 4-lug hubs is fairly simple. Even if you had a shop do the conversion work, I would guess it may still be cheaper then the cost to build some

adapters.

On the other hand there may be some people out there who have the money and would rather go with a bolt on setup.

IMHO

Rollie

maybe if it was the subaru 4x140 turned into the new gen 5 lug... then i might be interested... doing that conversion isn't the easiest to do...

then we could run wrx wheels and the what not without changing out our entire front strut assembly...(heck i could even run it on my 79...:D )

then i could have the 5 lugs for the street and summer and what not, then put my 4 lug suby rims on during the winter for the snows...:D

for the love of god....think of your wheel bearings......the extra stance is nice, but remember, the suspension is designed to work at the stock level, you start messing with stuff and you could actually handle alot worse than you do now. now if your doing this mainly for improving your track, i can see the benefit, but think of your bearings in the near future.

~Josh~