Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Most common subaru?

Austin's post about the twin cars in the offtopic forum got me thinking. What is the most common Subaru? Most popular color? Drivetrain?

I know that at least in Alaska, there is a ridiculous amount of red ea82 wagons still around, mostly 4wd GL non-turbo. (I've got three of them.)

I've seen alot of white EA82 wagons.

However based on my stable over the past years: Silver and Red seem the most reoccurring.

1987 GL 4WD Wagon (my car, Silver)

1986 GL 4WD (Auto) Wagon (Got from Jason, Maroon / Red)

1986 GL-10 4WD Turbowagon (Silver)

1987 GL-10 4WD Turbowagon (Tan)

1988 GL 4WD Wagon (Just sold today, Fire engine red)

Man - they are so plentiful around here I couldn't begin to say. There's so many outbacks and foresters around it's amazing. The white and red EA82's are both very common still as well - see them everyday. But I'm sure I see more outbacks and foresters. I'm just wired to see the older stuff, but if you really look, there's far more of the newer ones.

GD

well around here its mostly outbacks and legacy's.. ocasionally you see the ea82.. only seen a couple ea81's theres a few kids that have wrx's..ohh and theres a baja or 2 runnin around.. seen 1 other hatch here, i have the only lifted soob in this area for sure.. till Jules gets his turbo wagon lifted..

Outbacks old and new! They're everwhere!

None of the EA81's still left around here.

Only seen three Bajas outside of the dealership.

Glenn,

82 Hatch, the few the proud! The transforming?:temper:

01 Forester, still a minority round here.......:madder:

I'd have to say EA82 series wagon are the most common, even around here, the next most common seems to be OBs. I'd say it I see 25 Subarus while driving home from work (something that happens all the time), at least 12 of them with be EA82 series wagons, 8 will be OBs, the remaining 5 will be a mix of all other models.

I'd have to agree with Glenn, mostly Outbacks in Utah. In my neighborhood though, there are three EA82 wagons (two of which are mine), and one Outback. I saw an '80 wagon 4x4 4-speed for sale in Peoa, Utah, this weekend, so now I'm considering adding an EA81 to my lineup. =)

about 1 in 20-30 cars here is a subaru, subaru put a dealership out here in the early 80's, and it was one of the few dealerships around. The majority here are 2wd ea82 wagons and sedans, then theres the outbacks and foresters, then 4x4 ea82's. Theres a high humber of turbowagons around, but hardly any ea81's, a few imprezas/wrx's, and NO bajas.

all you ever get around here is blue ea82's with blue interior. jim has a knack for finding them, especially gl-10 turbos with 2wd autos!

i had 2 blue wagons, a friend has a blue sedan, and all 3 white soobs, and the one silver one, all had blue interior!

grey is rare, and i have only seen one brown.

was there a red interior?

I was actually bored enough to do some counting while running putting in applications all over the Rogue Valley once. It's about a 40 miles drive from one end to the other, and I stopped off in 3 towns and a city, and on that drive I counted over 50 something EA82 wagons on the road, and a total of over 200 Subaru's for the day. Heck, one wrecking yard down here has like 8 EA82 4wd wagon of various assortment. So I think, after reading the other posts, the most common is the EA82 Wagon.

Originally posted by syphon

I think the general consensus is that i have the most common Subaru there is :-)

http://jagologs.dyndns.org/subaru/subaru1.jpg

No, I do. http://usmb.net/albums/albuo43/100_1164.jpg :-p

Red EA82's do seem to be almost as common as the white ones around here. Come to think of it, of 5 EA82's I've owned, 2 were red and 2 where white. Both of my XT's were white as well. Hmmmmmm....

Around here Its EA82 Wagons Mostly Non Turbo From my House down to the Freeway 2 Miles at most there are at least 12 :eek: EA82 Wagons that live between here and there And Park Outside That i see and i see another one Every Other Street I Drive down. Mostly In Red