Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'90 Loyale vs. '02 Porsche 911: Loyale wins?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dave833

dave833

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • SLC, Utah

Posted 06 October 2003 - 07:13 AM

No, it wasn't a race, just a badly-timed left turn out of a driveway across a busy street about 1/2 block away from a traffic light just turning green where I ASSUMED the cars were all far enough away that I could make it across. WRONG!-- After I had cleared myself to the left and started my turn, I directed my attention to traffic coming to my right and was sideswiped by a guy in a 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabrio that came from my left and tried to pass me in the median. I think the 911's 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds had something to do with him getting to me WAY before anyone else coming away from the light did. I could have made it had he been driving a Buick or something. No matter! I was ticketed for failure to yield and the driver of the Porsche got away scot-free despite the fact that he was not carrying his driver's license, current registration, OR a current insurance card. The good news is that I drove my battered Sube 15 miles home with NO problems. Damage was limited to a few broken lights, a scraped fender, and a badly twisted front bumper. The Porsche had to be towed away because one of his $500 225/40ZR18 run-flat tires was, um, flat.

#2 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:13 AM

doh.. glad everyone is alright... doesn't run0flat mean he can drive it when its flat?

#3 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:45 AM

you should contest that in court. "the light JUST turned green. You would have to have been driving a porsche or something to get there soon enough to hit me." maybe call a lawyer and ask for advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users