Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1978 woody wagon saved

Drove 900 miles roundtrip yesterday to pick up the 1978 DL FWD Woody Wagon in San Angelo TX. It's sitting in my garage now, waiting for restoration. The body is straight with little rust, the glass is great, the interior needs a lot of help. It runs fine and came with several extra parts. I'll be needing parts from y'all in the near future.

Ennio (Spring, TX)

Cricket:

Keep me posted on your progress. I 'm so glad that guy emailed me and didn't just take it to the salvage yard and you decided to take it!! I have done quite a few of these restos. Maybe I might be able to help you out with a part or bit of advice sometime.

I just saved a 78 last week too!

Regards, Todd

78-f.jpg

Todd, the photos you posted earlier (and above) are true to the wagon's shape. The interior needs a lot of help, but the exterior shouldn't take much work. There are screws where the wood trim button used to snap into the body. I'll need to take the screws out, cure the surrounding metal, and prep them for the trim buttons. By the way, I'll eventually need the wood panel stickers plus trim plus trim buttons. Since these will probably be the hardest to find (NOS?), I'm posting now. Any leads, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for all the congrats. I'll post some photographs later on.