Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 to EJ22 flywheel needed

hey guys, I just got my adapter plate in the mail. Time to ditch the EA82 and go with the EJ series.

Now I'm trying to find a flywheel that's been redrilled to mate up to the EJ22 crank. Anyone have one for sale? I'm also looking for the shop prices people have paid for the redrill. There is a few places in town that are capable of doing it, but I'm kinda leary since it needs to be high speed balanced.

Anyways, if someone has one, let me know. I have money right now and want to get this project done so I can get the money together for my RX coupe

88hatchmonster can help out with the flywheel redrill (Round trip shipping to NY) or you can do it your self with a dremel. Here is a thread of his on the subject!http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=387144#post387144

His web site: mroseusa.com

If I remember corectly 88hatchmonster charges $75. for the redrill, for comparison with local shops. Looking at the dremel method my self as I will be picking up my adapter plate as soon as I put my Legacy back to together. Insuficient antifreeze and the rad ruptured with the latest cold spell. Over site on my part as I got antifreeze and did all the other vehicles except my daily driver!:banghead: Hope this helps, Stumpy