Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Custom center console

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd share with you what my brother and I done yesterday.

I could write it all up here, post all the pictures and stuff, and use up as much USMB bandwidth as possible. Or I could just send you to my site. Check out it all out here www.OffroadingSubarus.com

No, I am not trying to advitise my site, I'm saving the members of this board bandwidth money. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my creation.

Just a taste of it

center_console_new_small.jpg

I've been wanting to mount my Zire72 into my brat... this is pretty cool!

i've also seen some engine management programs that run off your palm pilot...(dunno about the pocket pc...)

i was thinking up higher on my brat... because i have a built in digi cam in my palm... hmmmm... car cam?:-p

this is inspiring!:D

Yeah, I have a 1.3mp cam in mine too.

I also have microsoft voice command, so, I press a button and I can chose from any mp3 on my SD card. Pretty sweet really. I am also making a video that will play on it of some NFS underground 2 racing, should be cool to show off :D

I could market these, but.... well...... I'm lazy. :P

If you use the images from your web host onto the USMB's forums, you wont be using up any more USMB bandwidth if you had posted just links instead. It is only when you host an image on USMB's servers and then post it in a thread that it uses alot of bandwidth.

With that being said, the mod looks great. My CD Player plays MP3's burned onto a CD, but I was shopping for a iPod setup when I shopped for my new stereo.

-Brian

I could of used a mp3 cd player and done something different with the center console, but that would cost me over $200, and since I already own my PDA and its 512mb SD card i thought i better not spend anymore. And with the headphone style jack sticking out (it sorta holds the PDA straight too) I can now plug in my 128mb MuVo. and anyone elses mp3 player. With all that said, I'm not a fan of the quality of mp3s.

Heres a price list of everything I used. In AUD$

treadplate: $20

gauge cups (2): $10

PDA mount bracket: aprox$0.50

PDA charger: $19

GPS antenna: $25.50

GPS and charger: $110

512mb SD card: $68

PDA RX3417: $650

total: $903AUD... HOLY COW!!! i didn't want to see that. then theres the $140 amp and $99 Sub :-/

But atleast with this stereo you can take the whole player, not just a face plate. lol :)

If I were to make a few of these (just the cut and bent treadplate) I'd want about $70, not easy to cut this stuff with a jigsaw. I think if you have the tools, give it a go your self. maybe I'll try and use adobe and the template so you can print out the template to save some time

Maybe next time I'll be bothered to write it all up here.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the ammeter and vac gauge. All working. Though I took the amp out (the one behind the thred plate, screwed to the heater) It was a crapy amp anyhow and was startin to make some weird noises. I'm going to have to get a new amp. I plan on putting the new one under the glove box. I'll update my site then.

Yay.... after 4 or so weeks I got something finished!