Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Your thoughts...

I am seriously considering purchasing this vehicle located in the link below. I am wondering how much shipping would be from WA to PA?? Do you guys think this would be worth it? I am still waiting to hear back on the price. What do you guys think of the car overall?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=193779857&dealer_id=1360026&car_year=1988&search_type=used&make=SUB&distance=0&model=SUBGL&address=18508&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1135408849506&min_price=&end_year=1989&start_year=1981&isp=y&lang=&cardist=2312#vdptop

I am seriously considering purchasing this vehicle located in the link below. I am wondering how much shipping would be from WA to PA?? Do you guys think this would be worth it? I am still waiting to hear back on the price. What do you guys think of the car overall?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=193779857&dealer_id=1360026&car_year=1988&search_type=used&make=SUB&distance=0&model=SUBGL&address=18508&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1135408849506&min_price=&end_year=1989&start_year=1981&isp=y&lang=&cardist=2312#vdptop

I would LOVE to find a company that'll ship a car across the country for $500 so PLEASE let us know if you get ANYONE to bring that car from the west coast to Scranton for $500.

My personal opinion is it'll be at least $800.

Sure you can find one just like it around Pottsville,etc....but it'll be rotting from the underside...I think you know that,so you're smart to look into the long haul.

I know there's some people that'll take my remarks are sarcastic but I really mean it when I ask to please let us know if you find cheap and reliable transport for a cross country effort.Gas prices didn't come down that much.Before they went up you'd get quotes of well over $1000 from most companies,and I'm just about 120 miles further east than you.

I think if the car is less than $800 it's worth it but that's me.If your acceptable spending cap is around $2,200 then you'd probably be happy in the long run.

88 and 89 are the BEST years for the D/R,the best tranny ever.

Good luck.

i have found many shippers who would actually bring a car from CA to my door for $450, it just takes time to look and not pick the first one you see. i usually go with no insurance, because its not a new car.these are with the big companies who put like 12 cars on a trailer which allows them to do it cheap. if you want, i can help locate a cheap shipper, when i was looking at a non running 76 in WA they quoted me $700, but a running car will run you about 200 less.

250k and 2k+ miles away.... no way in heck. If you look hard enough and be patient.... you'll find one.

I personally know of a loyale sedan in PA that has next to no rust on the body (didn't see the frame b/c of snow) and it is 5 speed with push button 4wd. It has 195k on it and it is sitting on a "bargain row" I would almost guarantee it is going to be $800 or maybe even less. Honestly i'd offer $600 for it. I personally looked at it last weekend...so it might even still be there. :brow:

LMK

Sorry,what I didn't say was IF you had a good drop in engine here then it'd be worth it to get the solid body.With all that mileage on it you'd better have a plug 'n play engine ready.

Matt is right though,if you REALLY hunt you can still find them with minimal rust,but they aren't getting any easier to find up here.