Ultimate Subaru Message Board

agghhh.... brat is having issues

so I'm all happy last week, thanks much goes to one eye and todd got my exhaust and a radiator...

the story starts with a clutch job and pulled the 14's off (too much rubbing)

then she sat going nowhere for quite awhile.

then a fuel pump and more sitting doing nothing.

then the break boost, but had to stop because the front bleader screws were rounded off..

then yesterday i throw in the radiator and the exhaust and finish my break fun.

all excited i get set to drive her around the block and..... clunk clunk clunk.

i looked all over the exhaust, it doesn't look like it's rubbing anything so i secure it alittle more with fencing wire (just to be sure) and start to drive with no noise :o all excited i go to hit the street and drop it back into 2wd ( put it 4wd and 1st just to be sure i aint having it run me down while i'm under it) and clunk clunk clunk goes the car.:mad:

any ideas?

do you have any rear diff protector? I'm pretty sure you don't. since I have one, I jacked the rear of the car and had a rock dig into one of the holes in the rear diff protector and when I drove the car, the rock was rubbing against the rear diff and made an awful rubbing noise. Just something to throw out.

Figure out what was it yet? Was it doing it when you were at Toys R US on christmas eve?

well i drove her around for awhile... just to see if it might be the exhaust (only really thing that has changed), even though it didn't look like it could be

pulled the exhaust off and hey look at that some nice shiney metal right there (there being where that joint or whatnot on the driveline is near the exhaust)

so i prop the exaust on the bumper and jump on it a bit.

put it back on and run my check again.

repeated those steps a few times....and huzzah no more rubbing!

Thanks all... sorry i'm so dumb, it really didn't look like it could've been that (two hands easy between the exhaust and anything that moved)