Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Walker Valley Run Jan 14th

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This saturday , looks like bellingham guys meet @ the Shell on sunset @ 9:00 then meet up at Karttrack in Mt Vernon around 10:00 , Monitor Channel 2 on the CB,

sounds like a few Toyota s, a Jeep and a hand full of Subarus,

heres a pic from a few years ago , ( thanks Zap) we ll have another pic up next week of this year

142walker.jpg

anyone interested have a lift and good offroad tires

PM me if you want to discuss details on the land line

I will be in my White 87 GL #2

not sure if Rollie will make it ,having engine issues SJR

My new engine runs out of power at higher rpms. Starts easy, idles smooth, some power at low rpm, but not much in the higher rpm range.

This is a low mileage(?) EA82 SPFI engine from Japan, which I just put on new timing belts, seals, filters, gaskets, plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor, etc.

I was thinking it felt like retarded timing, but after plugging in the green test connector and putting on the timing light, it is set right at 20 degrees BTDC.

I also pulled the dist. cap and confirmed correct rotor position when flywheel is at TDC.

If anyone has the time tonight or tommorow to come by and help me with it, it might make the difference whether I can make it to this Walker Valley trip or not. I've got the car at Scott's shop east of Bellingham.

If it doesn't improve, maybe I will just drive the car down there and leave it parked instead of going out on any serious trails.

thanks

Rollie

My new engine runs out of power at higher rpms. Starts easy, idles smooth, some power at low rpm, but not much in the higher rpm range.

This is a low mileage(?) EA82 SPFI engine from Japan, which I just put on new timing belts, seals, filters, gaskets, plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor, etc.

I was thinking it felt like retarded timing, but now I'm not quite so sure.

I'm getting weird readings on the timing light even when the green connectors are plugged together.

If anyone has the time tonight or tommorow to come by and help me with it, it might make the difference whether I can make it to this Walker Valley trip or not. I've got the car at Scott's shop east of Bellingham.

thanks

Rollie

could be a clogged cataletic coverter

The cat is worth checking, unbolt the exhaust and take it for a spin, see if that helps.

Other posibilities could be the fuel system, check to see if you have enough presure, especialy if it was originaly a carbureted car, or a pluged filter.

I would love to come up and give you a hand with it but I am way behind on getting my jeep back together, I got my engine back in but I still need to put the intake, exhaust, alternator, and radiator back on and the front body work and drill holes for and install the transmition crossmember.

I'm going I just got my Brat all sealed up, and my good eye dried up from spraying carb cleaner in it, It still hurts, but I'll be at Karttrak at 9:30 or so. Kinda looks like everyone is ditching out on this one. But not me I'll go no matter what. I think that Brian and his hatch are coming too. He stopped by earlier and dropped off my come-a-long and some other stuff and said he was going to put a new clutch in. But that was the last I hear from him. we'll still make the best of this no matter what.

Jeff

got a bunch of video , just dont know how to post it for ye all ,

damage report

1 eye broke a front drivers axle he just installed the night befor

I cooked my clutch , it was working just fine untill on the way home on normal roads the release mech gave out , its not slipping you just cant release it , you push it in and theres a werring sound

the hatch broke a front turn signal and grill,

we all had a great time , the new car is awesome , couldnt of went were we went without the welded diff

looking forward to next month , one of the guys mentioned a spot out near Hamilton I think skagit area