Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Walker Valley Run Jan 14th

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a fun run, considering I only got 40 miles on a brand new NAPA cv axle, but that was a very fun trip. I was able to learn a coulpe things this weakend which was weld the dang rear end, get a muffler, and put and entire new frontend on. I just broke my 18th axle up there so its time to just replace the whole get up. But it was a very fun ride.

Scott Thank you for giving me and tami a ride through the trail there too.

Jeff

I just broke my 18th axle

You know Jeff, Scott and I were talkin about your axle yesterday. If you continue to break the driver's side at the inboard knuckle, we were thinking somehow that joint is getting flexed too and far and putting a big angle on the joint and it breaks. This could be caused by a driver's side loose motor mount such that the engine and transaxle lift up on that side when a lot of torque is beaing applied to the rear drive shaft such as was the case when you were pulling on Scott's rig. Or maybe the front drivers side wheel is dropping down too far causing the same extreme angle. You may want to take a look at it before you start tearing the whole front end apart.

Rollie

got a bunch of video , just dont know how to post it for ye all ,

damage report

1 eye broke a front drivers axle he just installed the night befor

I cooked my clutch , it was working just fine untill on the way home on normal roads the release mech gave out , its not slipping you just cant release it , you push it in and theres a werring sound

the hatch broke a front turn signal and grill,

we all had a great time , the new car is awesome , couldnt of went were we went without the welded diff

looking forward to next month , one of the guys mentioned a spot out near Hamilton I think skagit area

adding forgot colateral damage

attachment.php?attachmentid=3363&stc=1

this is what happens when you stand behind a wheel thats spinning in the rocks , I was helping push 1 eyes brat and it shot a rock at my leg , looks bad but its ok , I didnt even have a first aid kit ( next time will)

post-9463-136027605865_thumb.jpg

ahhh, at least walker looks the same as the last time i went there. maybe i'll have to add that back to one of the runs i make, when i come home.

which trails did you guys run? just the mainline jeep trail, one of the 2 new runs? or poop chute, jeep cross trail, or expressway?? :brow:

turbone,

hope you will be able to leave the house by august! i'm hoping to have the new rig out of the box and assembled.... :cool: