Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 GL-10/95 Legacy Engine transplant

mid-knight

Do you guys know of it being done and what is envolved with it, both standard and AWD.Im considering it after redoing the motor in the wagon (GL10) and finding out there is piston slap to one of the cylinders, never heard the motor run i used the blovk from,and i cant seem to get the turbo boosted, nothin ive done works....new route needed, stress.

Do you guys know of it being done and what is envolved with it, both standard and AWD.Im considering it after redoing the motor in the wagon (GL10) and finding out there is piston slap to one of the cylinders, never heard the motor run i used the blovk from,and i cant seem to get the turbo boosted, nothin ive done works....new route needed, stress.

Plenty of info if you search, but...

What makes you think that you have "piston slap"? In 35 years of wrenching, I have NEVER run across a modern engine with true piston slap. (Sort of a pre-60's problem.) Likewise, boost is simple, as long as the pre-turbo exhaust doesn't leak badly, turbo is reasonably good, and the post-turbo exhaust isn't plugged.

Not the info/advice that you are looking for, but: If you can't sort out your current problems without it stressing you, then you will pull all of your hair out trying to do an EJnn conversion. Relax and breathe for a moment. :)