Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn: Paul or other people interested in my gen 1 4wd wagon

Hey guys, its gotta go. Finally realized I just don't have the time for it and it has to move from my parent's house. Wish I could keep it but I will be restoring the Brat back to its former glory once again and the time for the wagon has ended. Please send me a PM because I don't usually check my email but once a week. Someone would have to come and pick it up basically as it sits but I can get it back on 4 wheels to roll. I have pics as well of her in her current location in the condition she's in. NO RUST, I mean NOT A SPECK OF RUST! Only one small ding in the driver side rear door and thats it. If need be, hit me back up before the 2nd and I can snap a few more pics of it. I will also add in a few extra suspension parts and whatnot, just ask and I'll let you guys know whats all there...

well actually its now a '78;) I had to do a vin swap on it since it originally had some problems with the title on the '79. Found a '78 that was being parted, same color and everything where is where I got the doors and the hatch from. I have the title, bill of sale, vinplate on the dash, vinplate on the door and the license plates to make it legal.

I'll call John and see if he'll come through like he offered.

THere's a possibility another board member might be able to grap it and bring it east in a couple of months.If it needs to be gone sooner maybe a slight change in plans.

Russ,I'll call you too.I have to run out for the night but I'll call on Saturday if you don't hear from me tonight.

Thanks

ok, i just lost the deal on that 77 because of rust, but i read yours has NO RUST:D how much $$ are you talking? i`ll have to look around for shipping quotes.i have a cherry ea71 engine sitting here with only 25k ready to drop in it. what is missing besides the engine?

Jon

its missing an engine, front fenders since the ones that I had on it I shaved, and its going to be missing my custom control arms for the EA81 suspension since I'm restoring the Brat but doing some upgrades to it. I will put a set of EA81 control arms in there but one is bent, just to get it to roll around. Basically it has everything to become a nice car but it does need door seals unless I can find the set I pulled from the parts wagon. I also got a mint rear seat, mint carpet in the rear and mint rear seatbelts as well. A little mold on the carpet but thats from moisture. I'm going out the door but I can get more info for everyone

how much $ are you looking to get? does it still have the rear susp and diff parts? do you know if control arms out of a 1980 ea71 hatch will bolt in? hows the tranny? i will have to search around for fenders, i`m sure they`re rare, but finding cheap ones is the problem. so the title is clean and clear?

well I paid 200 for the car, plus about 100 for the straight doors, hatch and interior pieces. So anything around 500 would be great but it just needs to go. Title I have for it is clean and clear but I would have to ship it to whoever wants it since I have it in my filing cabinent back in Wyoming. The reason for custom control arms is because I modified the EA81 setup into the wagon so I could have cheaper and easier parts to get like balljoints ($36.99 for stock vs. $16.99 for EA81). For an extra couple bills, I would let the custom control arms go with the car but I'd rather keep them since I don't know when I could make another set. They were very easy to make with a metal lathe. I made new stabilizer bars for them the same size as the stock ones off the car, then welded them onto the EA81 control arms when I had the weight of the car on the control arm. Like I said, pretty easy but you need a lathe to do it. So like I said, I can get mroe pics of other parts and whatnot that come with it, just let me know what you guys are willing to pay for it or what your budget on a car is and I'm very sure we can work something out.

Still has the stock suspension/brakes/control arms for the front, one knuckle is missing the wheel bearings but all of the rear stuff is still there and in stock location (ie: the torsion bars) but the rear shocks need replacing. I will add any extra parts I have laying around here including another rear hatch with the rear wiper but it's missing the latch. Also, I never got the door locks switch from the parts car and I gave the rear doors to rattle wagon here on the board but I hopefully he can pull them for me and send them to the owner. ALSO NOTE!!! I have an ORIGINAL glovebox key AND lock in there as well, plus a spare lock which has no key. Front valence needs a little TLC but its fixable very easily. Also have front seats, needs steering hooked up at the rag joint, plus a few other things....

Just becasue my name is in the subject title,and just because Russ and I were almost working out a transport deal with Mudrat many months ago,I feel I should inform you all that I intend to pass on this matter.:cool:

Enjoy!

Let me know if it becomes parted,please.

Nope, car is currently in my parent's driveway in Corvallis, Oregon.

Paul, sorry to hear you're stepping down from getting this but I also have had a couple other offers on it.

Jon, I'll be giving you a call here in the next few minutes if you see this. If not, you're phone will be ringing;)

hey man,

sorry, i was out all day. it seems the best price i can find for a non running car is right around $900, i`ll look more, but if that is the cheapest, i`m afraid i too might be out of the running.if you get a local buyer, or someone else interested, go ahead and git ur $$, but i still am interested, just need to look for better shipping prices.take care,

Jon

Just a heads up of the parts coming with this thing. I have been cleaning the garage and have found LOTS, I mean LOTS of parts for this. Here's a rough list of the parts I have pulled out to go with it and a list of what hiding in the cargo area...

an extra set of tailights

extra parts hatch

extra wiper arms

misc motor pieces (crank pulley, waterpump, good core alternator, brackets, motor mounts, etc)

Holley 5200 with water choke (haven't a clue where this came from)

rebuildable EA71 carburator

EA71 front control arms, calipers, rotors

EA81 front rotors, control arms

misc aide marker lights

a set of front seatbelts

2 - sets of rear seatbelts

front seats (not installed)

a set of black dash trim

2 - center consoles (one black, one brown)

skid plate, maybe 2

2 - rebuildable points distys

EA71 valve cover

EA71 flywheel (machinable I think)

a container of misc bolts plus 2 new EA81 balljoints which I believe are both in there as well

door trim for the outside

extra door handle

extra door latch

windshield washer resevoir

radiator with fan

charcoal canister

horns

voltage regulator

extra cigarette lighter

black ashtray

door seals

2 - aftermarket coolant overflow resevoirs

plus so many other parts, I forget what all is still there

Also, I will include a ignition key but I will have to wait on the locks from the old doors, plus an original glovebox key which still works the lock. I believe those are hard to find. It all has to go. Its all free and there's NO WHATSOEVER with me parting out anything. Its all in a bundle so if you want a part, take it all. It has to leave ASAP. I will do my best to make sure all the parts are in it to go with it. If you want pics, let me know since I have taken 4 pics of nothing but parts on the floor and I can label them as well if you'd like.