Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn: Paul or other people interested in my gen 1 4wd wagon

you know you want mine Jon..... feel the impulse!:grin:

believe me, i do really want yours, especially because of no rust, extra parts, and its free:D but, every single shipper i go to says they will not take extra stuff that is not somehow attatched to the car:banghead: there is tons of room under the hood to hide stuff, but the problem would be keeping it from falling out.i really would love to get it, but i can`t see getting it without all the nice stuff to complete it:-\ take care

Jon

Russ,there's big difference between:

well I paid 200 for the car, plus about 100 for the straight doors, hatch and interior pieces. So anything around 500 would be great but it just needs to go.

....and FREE.

I sure wish I'd known that this time around.We disconnected our deal twice.Once because you decided you might try to keep it and then again when I recently backed out after learning you were looking for (above quote).I'd offered to be sure to toss you something for it.I just got scared off by the $$ figure.

So everyone is on the same page....we did talk about this car a few months back,right?I've heard plenty for supposedly cutting in on deals.Still yet to see proof of it,but there's been plenty said.

I dropped talking to Mudrat about this,but I can probably get him to grab it like we originally planned.

My phone is not with me tonight so I can't call you and it'd do no good to call me.Let me know what's up and if I should call John or what.Thanks

Paul, just out of curiosity, did you find a shipper that would take all the extras? please, if you are buying it for the parts, let me know and we can split the shipping or even a(i`ll pay 60 %/ you pay 40 %) split, i`ll take the body, you take all the parts. i am looking at it as more of a custom project, to get the most power, best handling out of an ea71. but i need a clean base to start with.if your shipping price is reasonable, talk to me on this, if you too are looking to restore it, thats ok too.

Caboobaroo, please don`t forget to separate those mudflaps i bought from you, the brat really needs them:)

Tough call to make right now.I'd like to see pics of it and see what Mudrat can do for me for starters.

For sure Russ I'll toss you something for it,and not just like $50 either.Let me see what it looks like and consider all the options.Shippers are real pricey when they have to go through NYC or even anywhere around it.Jon,you're probably a good $200 cheaper,I'm guessing,so maybe if we do this together we'll have it go to your place.....all in time.Let's see what Mudrat says,after Russ gives an OK.

I'm certainly not sore about any dealings anywhere on this board,so don't anyone fret that I'm upset about anything related to this post thread.

That means you too,Russ,I'm not barking here,just checking to see if we can still make things happen.

Cheers!

ok, i read the FAQ`s on the shippers i was looking at, it says you can carry personal goods, but it is at your own risk.

caboobaroo, do you think most of the stuff would fit in the back of the wagon?could you bolt down a drivers seat and get the car rolling and steering?the service i am looking at is door to door, so you won`t have to move it.

Tailgatewagon also mentioned he might be making an eastward trek in February....although that thought scares me a little.

My '73 came across the top of the country last winter and I was glued to the weather channel and the computer.But Pat (NorthWet) is THE MAN and delivered in grand fashion!!;) It got here with 12 states worth of red clay and road sand/salt but man am I happy.

If a second board member brought a second fairly rustfree vehicle across the country I'd surely bless the day the USMB was created :)

Oh man,I just remembered I still have to send Pat his ratchet set!!

woah, lots of posts! Ok so I was kinda looking to get some money for it but since I need it out of my parent's driveway worse then I need money, thats why I said free. Unfortunatly, I'm no longer in Oregon so I can't do any work on it. All the extra parts are in the car though. If someone decided to spend like 15 minutes or so to get some front control arms in it, it'll for sure definatly roll but I cannot since I'm 16+ hours away. Also, I was encountering quite a mass of rain while I was there so I'm lucky to have loaded up all the parts into it. To give you guys an idea of how much rain, we were having flood warnings and roads were being shut down due to flooding...

Jon, I have the mudflaps in a box right now but I haven't had the time quite yet to get down to UPS. I also have parts for other people I have to ship out as well. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten anyone as far as parts.

Paul, if you want it, like I said above, John might have to throw the set of EA81 control arms that I have in the back onto the front and throw a set of wheels back on the front as well.