Ultimate Subaru Message Board

twin core radiator tweak

in my sube i've got a twin core that every single time i remove it or put it in, it somehow seems to bend fins and all around mess it up. finally fed up with it i decided to cut into the radiator support from one side of the radiator to the other. worked incredibly well and now its a straight shot in and out with no hitting anywhere. definately recommend doing this for anyone with a twin core or if they just don't like fighting with the fan anymore. i'll get pics soon

"fan wouldn't come off without damaging the radiator in some way"

why is that so?

all you would of had to do was remove the 4 nuts on the waterpump pulley, remove the 4 bolts on the fan shroud, if equipped, and pull up

The clearance between fan and fins aon many 2-row radiators is very minimal. I have had much the same issues...

mine droped right in on the wagon and my old(junkies RX) stock fans and rad. support.

I did have a problem on the wagon where the end tank on the passengers side was rubbing the rear of the head light bucket but that was from previously repaired front end damage if I am not mistaken.

where are you guys getting your radiators from?

mine were both from perfomance radiator if I rember correctly.