Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new/used front clip

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:57 AM

I changed my fenders belly pan and front bumper today. They were pretty dented up, not from accidents or hitting stuff hard. Got em from stupid stuff like punching a fender when I was pissed off.

With all the stuff off my car I used a piece of square tubing and a tape measure and found out the front end of my car is bent 3/8" to the passenger side and up a 1/4". I'm suprised because I've never ran into anything hard enough to crack the plastic bumper cover. I'm guessing the times all 4 tires were off the ground was caused this.

Now I gotta figure out something to do with the rust behind the back tires. I was thinking diamond plate until I saw the price. Maybe sheet metal. What is behind the panels between the back bumper to the rear tire and then up to the channel that runs down the car?

#2 Tycho

Tycho

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:16 AM

As long as the strut mount points and control arm mount points are in the same relative positions the handling will not suffer.

There are some REALLY NICE looking GL wagons around Fairbanks...I'm looking to snack one up for myself as a daily driver (or a 92-94 EJ22T Legacy) and either give my wagon to my dad for commuting or put my EG33 in it (and take it off the street).

Point being...getting a new chassis with no rust and perfect alignment is a no brainer (for me anyway) as far as these cars are concerned. They're not terribly expensive...

#3 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:56 AM

In that well the passunger side, there is the fuel pump wires that you have to be carefulll of. On the drivers side, there is the washer res and pump. i rebuilt mine with sheet metal and rivits with liberal bondo usage. Then I painted it black from a spraycan to cover everything up. Polyurethane expando foam in a can also works for panel re-creation ;) just shave it with a razor blade after, bondo skim coat and paint.

Wasn't there an icident with a gravel pile and airtime that might have bent the front?

#4 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:18 PM

Or maybe a few slams into berms while ice racing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users