Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SteelyDel Brushguards

ShawnW

Remember these? AdamNDJ has a purple one above with the extra upper brace which I think we can do.

I got the jig over 2 years ago from the original maker and have found someone willing to build them here in Colorado.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/2guard_001-med.jpg

Im selling mine first as I am getting a new one. Mine is already powdercoated but a tiny bit of rust showing thru in a few of the welds from a poor powdercoating job.

Price will be in this ballpark for the new ones. They only mount to 80-84 4wd cars that have the chrome bar under your front bumper. I will sell you one if yours is 2wd, loyale body, etc but fabbing it to work with your car is your problem. If you find a way that is easily reproduced and strong and are willing to send me specs please do.

See post in marketplace for the thread about mine here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=396218#post396218

For those that haven't seen the bushguard thread, here is what they look like. Shawn jig is for the one without the upper bar if'n I remember correctly. Should be able to add that bar on there without too much work though.

This is a good strong guard, I have pushed over a number of bushes/small trees, hit a couple of deer, and an 89 honda accord with mine. Hasn't bent, deformed or anything. Although your results may vary.

Installation is also a breeze, drill two holes and bolt it up. Only thing is that if you live in a state that requires a front license plate, they may pull up over for not being able to see it unless you relocate it to the front of the bar. I got in trouble a few times, and finally broke down and zip tied it on, as you can see in the pic:

31DSC01259.JPG

Adam, thank you very much for posting your picture. I didnt want to without your permission. That front piece should be pretty easy for the welder to do and shouldn't add much $. McBrat had one that took on a deer and that bar was a big help in his.