Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie just bought 75 subaru on ebay

i wasn`t calling dibs, just asking

will i ever be "allowed" to buy ANYTHING pre 74 besides 360s?

Of course,don't be silly....:)

Gotta keep in mind though,Brian and I had talked about his wagon,then wagons,coming my way years ago.....Andrew won his '73 outright...and the ff1 was kind of weird because Patrick actually contacted me first,saved the email just incase,but our hero Andrew has the dough and we talked things out.We're both happy,he moreso than I...but I wish him the best with it.To me,an ff1 is interesting but '72 and later is more for me.We had like one ff1 in our backyard when I was young but we had dozens of '72 and later Subies.

Well,I think we're chock full 'o vintage Subarus right now so you watch and see,the best one will show up now and you'll be all set.;)

We'll get you hooked up Jon.We appreciate your enthusiasm and would love to see more vintage owners up here.

Well, just so there is no confusion here, Andrew (WagonsOnly) has tentatively agreed to buy the Subie. If for some reason the deal doesn't work out, I'll let you all know and give someone else a shot. I'm really hoping that someone on this forum gets her. Even though I've only been a member for a short time it's easy to see what a great bunch of guys you are and your enthusiasm for these old subies is fun to be a part of. I'm hoping that after I sell about 4 vehicles I can convince the little lady that a Brat would be a fun new addition to the family. Andrew, if you end up with her are you going to change your name to "WagonsMostly"? LOL

Jack

:lol: When he's my sidekick on adventures he's known from town to town as "Howmuchyouwantforthatwagon?":)

He'll be getting it,don't worry.Then off to therapy.:drunk:

There's a '71 ff1 wagon here that belongs to my friend,a non boardmember.We've got to get the two together.The melding of Subarus earliest markets,New England and the PNW.Right on.

Andrew, I'd love to see your collection one of these days, especially once the latest additions arrive! If only my Kingswood was roadworthy, I'd offer to bring both cars home for you! Someday I'll have a vintage Chevy wagon hauling vintage Subes from coast to coast!:lol: For now, though, I'll have to settle for dreaming and drooling!:rolleyes: If you're anywhere near Enfield (my g/f's daughter and grandson live up there), I'd love to stop by. My dad's first Sube was an FF1 1300G wagon like the one you just bought, and the second was a 1400/4sp wagon. I know we New Englanders tend to be apprehensive about these situations involving people we've never met. But let me tell you, when I bought my Kingswood on Ebay two years ago, two individuals in western PA that I never met who posted on a forum like this one offered to help me out. One drove me from the bus depot to the seller's home. The other put me up for the night and helped me get some electrical probs worked out before the ride home. I tend to be a trusting individual, and many would have considered what I did too risky. But the trip would have been, at the very least, much more troublesome without their help.