Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What is needed to install a lift¿¿¿

MaroonDuneDoom

be sure to check your tranny mounts. even if you weren't lifted, but had your suspension cranked up, with bad mounts, you will tend to blow the right side axle often....

I urethaned my tranny mounts in my '82 Brat with the 5" lift, and the axles have been good. no side to side tranny movement at all :) but I do notice a lot more torque steer....

the reason i want a sus. lift is because there's 101 cheaper ways to do it vs. a body lift, which im assuming will last a lot longer than it as well. i would only do the lift to make it look nicer. axles are cheap compared to a lot of parts, and im not a serious rally jock so i dont think i'd ever use the lift for its more practical purpose. i notice the struts would stand a little crooked (more than already so) if i added the lift, and it would not exactly be a comfortable ride, but it would look nice and thats all i want out of this car, since i wont be using it for serious off-roading. the tires that i add wouldnt be that much bigger since it would just be a 2" or smaller lift so its still good for a traveling car. i want to get some looks out of it, yet dont need the performance (kind of like kit cars - look nice, but just not the real thing). is this a stupid idea, would it be too much of a problem for just a show off vehicle?