Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anybody got a hood scoop?

Originally posted by dsmracer

This is what I'm going to use. It's a good size, price is right, and it's a bolt on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=42611&item=2435564142

Checked out that link. Auction had ended, so I e-mailed them about buying the scoop, out right. Got a reply back saying that they had re-listed the hood scoop.

Didn't exactly make my day. I just wanted to by a hood scoop, up front, and across the table. Don't want to "bid" on one.

In my opinion, they are out to get as much as possible for it, and not interested in a plain jane sale.

Looked on JCWhitney's site for one. They had a few, different styles, different materials, what not.

Can't believe what they want for the ABS Plastic ones. Sheesh!!! I work in the Plastic Molding Business. I know there ain't more than $3.00 worth of materials in one, and that's molded, trimmed, boxed, shipped, what have you. And they're asking over $50.00 each.

I know, I know. free enterprize and all of that. But still......................................

Ok, I'm done venting now.............................................................

Of course he's out to get as much as he can for it.. Thats the whole point of eBay.. I don't end auctions early either. When I sell something on ebay its to get as much as I can for it.. Not to be someones friend..

Note.. The above doesn't necessarily apply to soob parts..:D

TomRhere: I hear you man. What's sad is you finally do buy an ABS plastic one becuase the fiber glass ones are just stupid expensive, get it in the mail, bust open the box only to find some very drunk individual cut and trimed the thing... I was angry >:|