Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Great Dealership or Junkyard find stories?

but it's how I bought 2 BRATs.

Got the '86 from a guy I worked with, he took it as payment for work done on another guys vehicle. Dave really didn't want it, (the fool). It's rusty, but runs great! Had leaky rear brake lines, which he replaced. He couldn't get the brakes to bleed out, figured the rubber flex lines were shot. Asked what he wanted for it, said $100.00. I said sold!!! Neglected to tell him that the brakes are cross plumbed. Really didn't know that for sure, but had my suspisions. Drove 23+ miles home, no brakes other than the E-brake, no exhaust beyond where the cat was supposed to be. Flailed it, flogged it, beat the crap out of it. Wife loved every second of the ride home. It is now, Her BRAT!

Found the '82 while reading posts over on Yahoo's BRAT club site. Someone was looking for a tailgate for his. Killer_Siller replied that he had one for sale, and that the guy could have the whole BRAT ifin he wanted it. I straight away emailed him, and asked what he wanted for it. $300.00 was the reply, includes all the extra stuff he had for it.

Get to where he lives, East Central Illinios, and pay for the BRAT. We start loading up the extras.

1-EA-81 engine, some assembly required;

1-3.90 rear diff w/mustache bar (damn, it's not LSD);

1-5 Spd D/R tranny;

2- new rear shocks NSIB;

1- complete front strut/knuckle assembly;

2 front struts for wagons;

2- vented rotors and calipers,(calipers were trash);

2- rear drums.

1- 2-piece driveshaft

Also on the BRAT so as to be able to drive it;

2- brand new tires, still had the nubs;

1- full size spare to match, still had sticker on it;

2- slightly used tires up front;

1- brand new battery;

2- re-apholstered(sp) seats w/lumbar adjustment;

By the way, the jump seats are in the back, where they belong. Also, it has the EA-82 engine in it.

Now, just last week, I get an email from him. Seems he was cleaning out the garage, and found the "complete" bed chrome for it. I'm missing the tail-gate piece, like the rest of us BRAT owners. Wanted to know if I wanted it. Had to think on that for a nano-second. Would just cost me shipping charges. Heck, I made up the box and sent it to him, so he could ship it back.

Just thinking that these were DEALS. Not to often you can find buys like this, 'specially like the '82