Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA 81 lift kits

Mr Fishums

I was looking into some lift kits for EA 81's :D

Found this site with a pretty nice photo section, and some decent looking kits.

What do you guys think of this one? Know of any place that has a nice setup or an alternative?

http://www.ozified.com/liftkits.htm

I wanna go with that 4'" front 3" rear kit. It claims I can run a 27" tire without modification, using peugot wheels? Would this be true on a Brat as well? Also anyone know of a decent cost effective steel alternative to the elusive peugot rims?

Thanks, Mr Fishums

There are a few lift vendors around the site. They should be pretty easy to find. Allied Armament, BYB/PK (you found the website), some people can lift your car themselves.

My rig has the 4/3 lift that you reffered to and I have 27" tires on 14" peugeot wheels. I had to trim the front fender some to prevent rubbing. If you follow the link in my signature, you can see how I trimmed and how everything fits.

Good luck - it's well worth it!

:cool: damn that's some nice stuff, I am going to have stare at this and drule for a while. That allied armament site is definately looking nice.

Also with that 4/3 lift that you reffered to with 27" tires on 14" peugeot wheels.

Where would be a good place to locate the peugot's? I am going to try the local junkyard after work, but I doubt a french ride would have lasted that long there.

I know when I was 12 I redrilled some MGA rims to squeeze on my 86 GL hatch back. They weren't what you would call road worthy, but for a car with no roof, doors, or windows they where just fine. At that age I had even welded in door rails with chicken wire, so my black lab bingo could ride with me :-p

Thanks for the help, Mr Fishums

Well, you can try the junk yard for some pugs and might luck out, i know i did. but also post a wanted thread in the market place here on the board. you might find some closer than you would of though. If you see alloys at a junk yard, make sure you grab the lugz. If you dont, you will regret it. i have a 4 inch lift front and rear, and i run some 28's. I had to do a little bit of trimming up front, and a tad in the back. well anyway good luck!

I just got done reading the thing about the toyota 6 bolt rims, that is such a great idea! So nice! My work has a full machine shop so I should be able to make the other 4 holes as nice as the 4 stock ones. Brilliant! I never thought of that, thanks to whoever thought of that!

Mr FIshums