Ultimate Subaru Message Board

vibration under load and @ highway speed.

Any clue? I have a 03 outback llbean. It has a vibration under load, and at

highway speeds. The tires were borderline, so I replaced all 4 assuming it would help. No such luck.

Anybody?

Vibration during acceleration which goes away instantly when you let off on the throttle can be traced to a bad DOJ on one axle. Check the inner boots on both axles; if one is torn, that's the bad one.

Vibration during acceleration which goes away instantly when you let off on the throttle can be traced to a bad DOJ on one axle. Check the inner boots on both axles; if one is torn, that's the bad one.

No ripped boots, and no clicking noise on tight turns (parking lot manuevers).

I held the wheels 1 at a time on the lift to try to isolate the problem. But, nothing made a difference.

Thanks for the response.

jv

Clicking joints are the CVJs. But it was a thought.

No ripped boots, and no clicking noise on tight turns (parking lot manuevers).

I held the wheels 1 at a time on the lift to try to isolate the problem. But, nothing made a difference.

Thanks for the response.

jv

is it possible the engine has a miss?

+1

My old lumina got a "hitchup in it's getalong" in a similar way. When cruising along with low throttle and a steady speed it would hitch and buck a bit. It got worse and worse till I finally pulled the plugs (several hours work on that POS 3.4) and noticed that one of the tips of the plugs had burned off like a bastard. Replaced the plug and BAM! no problem!