Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
2.5 head gasket procedure/ torque spec's
Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:59 AM
do the new updated headgaskets have a different torque specification, has that specification always been the same or did it change since the HG issues crept up?
Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:16 AM
When I did my gaskets there was a thread going....
I used a haynes manual and the USMB. I used the torque procedure in the above USMB thread. 75k miles so far.
Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:14 AM
do we know why it is locked?
Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:18 AM
Link available through this page:
Theotherskip has written a great site dedicated to Phase I EJ25 head gasket replacement. It seems to be "locked" though. Here is the link to the google cache...
Note that while that cached link works, unfortunately if you click "Next" at the bottom of that page you can't access the rest of the information as it is locked.
Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:33 PM
I'm an old Ford V8 guy and have done a few other types, but I was a bit scared about doing the HG's in my 99 Legacy.
I pulled the engine to do it. It's an auto an was very simple to remove.
Got all Subaru parts from the dealer ( shopped for best pricing)
I got the PDF's with the specs and such.
Pulled the heads, had them decked for flatness and reinstalled.
I spent just over $600.00 ( added engine oil cooler and tranny cooler ) all new hoses, belts, etc. Took me about 16 hours total.
I've got over 2k on the motor since and it is working great. It's whole new car. Not like my Marauder, but that's parked for the winter.
it was really kinda fun.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users