Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I bought the car because i needed a car...it was the only cheap subaru around my area that was for sale and i definately wanted to get a subaru...however it only has fwd...i'd like to start conditioning it since it has 140k on it although im the second owner who knows what the first one did to it or didnt do to ir...so if any of you guys have any ideas of things i should look at or repair let me know..Also any goods mods for it i cant find any performance parts for a 93 lemme know if theres anything good out there

Or if you just so happen wanna trade an awd impreza for mind that would be appreciated haha....

any reply's will be swell

If I don't know what was done to a used car I tend to try to do just about all the preventive type stuff. Fluids, filters, plugs, wires, thermostat, PCV valve. You doing the work should cost less then $300 using subaru parts. You may want to do the timing belt too, the recomended interval is 60k. If it breaks on this car you won't hurt anything just be stuck where you are. yeah thats about all i can think of right now, i'll probably think of other stuff later.

thanks for ur reply....i did start going over the preventive parts like filters and all...however i dont know much about cars so i can only think of the basic things to be done, and as far as the timing belt goes i heard thats pretty crucial when your installing the new on...maybe if i look for a thread of someone else that did one i could do it....or one day i dont have work and can try and find some buddy's that know whats going on in the automotive world