Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru/Blazer?

redrum3433

Um, from the sounds of it, the only thing thats really going to be Subaru is the body. Like pull all the suspension and stuff out from under the Soob, then pull the body off the GM pile*, then bolt the Sube body onto the frame. Hook up all the essentials, cut a little here, bang with a hammer there. . . . .

* Sorry, I have a real love/hate relationship with GM products. I love the fact that they are such piles that they break down way too much, thus giving me stuff to work on and make money. However, I do hate working on them, almost everything about them is backwards, or just messed up.

Although it would be kewl to see a Soob on 38's, I say go for it, if ya got the time and the skills then it shouldn't be too big of a problem. Just hook the brakelines to the Soob master cylinder. Swap over what wireing is needed to get the motor to work right. Fab up an adapter to hook the Soob steering column to the steering box. Make/modify the body mounts to bolt into where the suspension did on the body. It's a 3 day weekend, lets see some pics on Monday.

I don't see why you don't just use the blazer body though?Today 04:16 AM

probably because he is the same as me and likes the sooby body but hates the sooby problems, i personally have had the hood up on mine so many times that ive thought about removeing it completely just so i dont have to have it up constantly lol.

im assuming since you are saying its 10 inches shorter you are probably talking about a s10 blazer? i say go for it i think it would be fun to have a subaru with a real rumble and some horsepower, ive toyed with the idea myself a few times but every time some good donor vehicle stuff comes up for sale im always too broke to get it.

ok, if its an s10, 38s wont fit. if they did, you would break everything.

subarus offroad way better than an s10. just lift the subaru...

anybody that has to work on a subaru very much, is just a poor mechanic. they are the easiest thing tp work on.

gms are for chumps

well IMO, i've only had to work on my subie very little in the last 11 years i've owned it ya there was 2 stints here and there where a total of 2 1/2 years i didn't own it but i always bought it back because it is a great car. its only been lifted for a little over a year now and i've only broke 3 different ( strut mount no big deal, stub axle, possibly trans.-not sure had axle problems too but did replace anyway) things wheeling and this is all hard wheeling, no gravel roads and minor pothole s**t. all the other work that i have done on it was because of my dumb rump roast trying to modify something to make it higher or bigger then it was before and all that extra work wasn't much either.

so what i'm trying to say is that there must be some other issues present for someone to be constantly working on these cars, i don't think its the cars fault all by itself.

edited sorry lost track of what this thread was all about.

also, as far as the conversion goes. ya that would be cool to see if you could get them to fit but they won't. but i wouldn't do it either, i'm a gm fan just not the newer ones and i haven't been impressed with the s10 lately since i work on them too.

Its actually a 78 K5... it has a 327, edelbrock carb and heads. 3/4 ton axles and ill i am doing is cutting the body lift off and putting the sooby on top. Not too big of a project. Should be fun... and the only reason i am doing this is cuz i wanna see a subaru on 38's. I understand that it is not a real subaru and that saddens me... but come on... 38's. I truly do love subarus i have another one and have owned other besides the current one. Great cars... i absolutley love them. but again i must say...38' boggers!

-Brian

Its actually a 78 K5... it has a 327, edelbrock carb and heads. 3/4 ton axles and ill i am doing is cutting the body lift off and putting the sooby on top. Not too big of a project. Should be fun... and the only reason i am doing this is cuz i wanna see a subaru on 38's. I understand that it is not a real subaru and that saddens me... but come on... 38's. I truly do love subarus i have another one and have owned other besides the current one. Great cars... i absolutley love them. but again i must say...38' boggers!

-Brian

I am down with it. It would definatly be the most off road capable subaru out there. Lockers front and rear, a v-8, big tires...who cares if the drivetrain isnt stock. Its the body I like.

When it comes to real off-roading, how many vehicles are really what they appear to be anyway?

By the time your done with modifications, with an off-roader, who's to say what it is?

Modify away,

I think it's funny!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

When it comes to real off-roading, how many vehicles are really what they appear to be anyway?

By the time your done with modifications, with an off-roader, who's to say what it is?

Modify away,

I think it's funny!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

LOL, I know, especially with those tube buggies. It'll have 3' of original frame, and the grill, and be called a 1942 FJ-40.

I am here to officially welcome myself back to the subaru world, after being gone so long.

This project, as well as DeathHatch's monster hatch on 35's with toyota axles, Divorced Tcase, Toy power steering and linkages, but alll subaru other than that, are both of my friends vehicles. They are currently sitting side by side in my backyard, under a large RV style tent/garage. Deathhatches progress is slowed due to the fact that he has a little honda hatchback that he keeps unjustifyingly modifying, and it leaves no money for his hatch.

The plan for the Monsteroo (redrum's official project name) is to not just "hillbilly" the subaru body onto the blazer frame, but instead chop the frame 10" so both vehicles wheelbases will be matched, and channel the subaru body on to it. it will be a much more time consuming process, but the end result shall be beautiful. Thats all im going to say for now, as i will let the pictures later on speak for themselves. Its going to be a number of firsts, and seconds(behind deathhatches) in the subaru world.

Hope to see you all at WCSS8

-Jay

yes this is true but now i am not puting any money into my honda unless need be..(daily driver) and my hatch will soon be on the road and better yet the mud.

I am here to officially welcome myself back to the subaru world, after being gone so long.

This project, as well as DeathHatch's monster hatch on 35's with toyota axles, Divorced Tcase, Toy power steering and linkages, but alll subaru other than that, are both of my friends vehicles. They are currently sitting side by side in my backyard, under a large RV style tent/garage. Deathhatches progress is slowed due to the fact that he has a little honda hatchback that he keeps unjustifyingly modifying, and it leaves no money for his hatch.

The plan for the Monsteroo (redrum's official project name) is to not just "hillbilly" the subaru body onto the blazer frame, but instead chop the frame 10" so both vehicles wheelbases will be matched, and channel the subaru body on to it. it will be a much more time consuming process, but the end result shall be beautiful. Thats all im going to say for now, as i will let the pictures later on speak for themselves. Its going to be a number of firsts, and seconds(behind deathhatches) in the subaru world.

Hope to see you all at WCSS8

-Jay

The plan for the Monsteroo (redrum's official project name) is to not just "hillbilly" the subaru body onto the blazer frame, but instead chop the frame 10" so both vehicles wheelbases will be matched, and channel the subaru body on to it. it will be a much more time consuming process, but the end result shall be beautiful

thats about the general idea of the same exact thing im planning to do, though i havent factered in any cutting of frames or anything since im still undecided as to what powerplant and frame i will use,or for that matter if it will be 4wd or rwd, i do plan on working to get the frame and body to blend together though as i never liked the look of seeing the frame a foot below the body and the curve of the frame tells you that it doesnt belong.