Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is this worth $100??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

its an original jdm ea71 dual carb setup, doesn`t look to be in the best of shape, but would you say its worth 100 bucks?

#2 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,719 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

That depends on what is is worth to your buyer. Is this an "in demand" item? It is rare, but who is your market?

#3 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

i`m looking at buying it:) i think to someone with a gen1 looking for more power, it might be in a small demand.

#4 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:11 PM

Aren't there other variables (manifold, linkage,...) to make it work properly? Without those, the value is less.

#5 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:13 PM

the manifold is there, throttle linkage and aircleaners aren`t

#6 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,719 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:22 PM

If you are looking at it and it's what you need, go for it. You might ask him if he will take less. He has a very limited market to sell it to. I'm in that market too and would not be interested.

They are hard to find, but remember, they are also a pain to get set up.

#7 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,692 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:57 PM

Its not a bad price.

#8 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:12 PM

Tough call.

I paid $150 for one from Qman but it was all there,looks decent.

Then wagonpowah sort of ripped me at the same price because he didn't say it was missing linkage and also didn't have an aircleaner...then when it got here it had a bent fitting that ONLY goes on these dual carbs so I need to hunt that down now,or make a solution.

The market consists of like 6 people,maybe.:lol: The handfull of old Subaru sickos.For sure $50 is great...might go $75 but I personally have a tough time with $100 if not looking much better and complete.

Sure is cool to show off once one of us gets it done and makes it look real pretty.I figured a dual K & N or something to make it look slightly trick.

#9 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,880 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

I am thinking about getting a set of EA81 carbs that Hondasucks has. They need to be rebuilt but I think he paid $50 bucks for them? Who needs a stock aircleaner? Get some sheetmetal and a welder and you're good to go at making your own. Thats at least what I'd do...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users