Ultimate Subaru Message Board

costco winch deal...

tailgatewagon

any of you wanting a good winch chech your local costco. i just got one from mine here they are a chapion 8000lb winch, they seam to work good as we put one on the front of the 4runner. i picked one up for the turbo wagon ill get pix up soon i hope.....

oh yea best part was it was only 300 bucks

I just checked this out at the local store in Missoula today, if this is a good brand, looks like a pretty good deal ... comes with the fair-lead 4-way rollers, mounting chanel, and snatch block and 90' useable (with 5 turns on the drum) 5/16 cable all in one package ... I didn't see the weight anywhere on it, but it felt to me to be a good 70 - 80lbs in the package just lifting it ... not bad for $300

not shure of the track record but with 6 mounth return policy who cares. also it seamed to work well

we tryed it out like this

drove a 7in lifted toyota 4runner (36x12x15) aired down to 2lbs rear and 4lbs front. welded rear and front. and drove it into the snow till it was sunk up to the doors then hooked to tree and let go with the winch. seamed to work just fine. just make shure your battery and alt are up to it...