Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Del: Pics of your Guard

Couldn't remember if you ever got to see your Brushguard mounted on my Brat, so here is a pic of when it was mounted on the Brat:

021801_G.jpg

And here it is on on it's new home, my 84 Turbo Hardtop:

84hardtop.jpg

http://usmb.net/albums/album11/brushguard.jpg

Jes though I'd let you know that I still got it, and get some good use out of it, (it's saved the Brat from 3 deer, and the coupe from 2, maybe it should be a deer guard instead of a brush guard!)

Hello Adam

Nope, never get to see it since it was shipped to your place long time ago. I think the other guard similar to yours was in that red wagon owned by some dude who lives here in Ca.

Looks good man, next time I make one will be 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 inch tubings. How's the Brat project of yours moving along?

If you need any assistance just e-mail- del4130@hotmail.com

Or you need any info about the rear trailing arms or suspension related questions let me know. You're ahead of me already, can't get started until I get my tubing bender this coming Dec.

I've been looking around for a 4WD Coupe, I like 'em too. There's one in Las Vegas but it's not 4WD. Don't sell the one you have now, it's definitely a keeper. NICE!

Del

Del,

the other guard like that did indeed go to Shay in CA, but I bought his wagon from him 2.5 years ago, and I am selling the wagon this saturday... :(

your guard helped save the wagon from an untimely death when I hit a buck going 65 mph!

the guard has since been modified for a custom bumper, but still awesome....

Current pic of guard

as you can see, the deer impact made a nicebend in the top bar, but it was nearly symetrical, so I left it :)

that extra piece you put on those 2 guards was a big improvement in the strength...

Mick

The Brat is comeing along nicely. In the last 8 months I've put a lot of work into it. I was in Egypt on another deployment just before that, so I had a little cash to do stuff. Among all the mods, a 6" lift kit that adds a frame between the unibody and suspension, ER27 out of an XT-6, bobtailed it 17 inches, put in a 5spd dual range, which feeds into a nissan transfercase, and two rear diffs (on is in the front). So now it's an H-6 powered rear wheel drive with 20 forward gears. I also took out all the stock sheet metal on the front end, it was all cruched and pretty much worthless, so I made a new slide off front end, so I can slide off the front to work on the motor, which is crammed into the engine bay. I've got a bunch of pictures in my gallery, I keep it pretty updated as I do stuff.

My Gallery

Here's a pic of what it looks like now,

highrake2.sized.jpg

as you can see, it needs a new brushguard, :brow: