Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What do you guys think of BFG's?

the toyo all seasons on the 15inch pugs I have died. they started losing air due to cracking rubber between the treads.

So, I put regular 13" rims back on the brat with snowtires sense I had the set doing nothing. I was thinking about getting some BFG all seasons for the pugs, and throw them on the turbo coup. What do you guys think?

BFG All Terrains seem to be great on wet rods, snow, and much offroading but will plug up with mud and get pretty slippery when attempting to navigate deep or sticky mud.

Rollie

Edit added: I went back and read the original post. I see it says All Season. I have no experience with the BFG All Season. i

LOL yeah, I know about the all terrans but they don't have that one in the size I was looking for. I was thinking about trying the all seasons, sense the turbo coup will be a street car/rally mostly.

BFG All Terrains seem to be great on wet rods, snow, and much offroading but will plug up with mud and get pretty slippery when attempting to navigate deep or sticky mud.

Rollie

Edit added: I went back and read the original post. I see it says All Season. I have no experience with the BFG All Season. i

BFGoodrich tires are pretty good. I have never personally owned a set, but a few of my closest friends have, and they loved them. They use a pretty soft compound for their tires, even for the all season tires. This gives very good dry traction. The only drawback is that with the added grip, comes the tradeoff of fast tire wear. But that also depends alot on your driving habits. If you are gunning it and drag launching from stop light to stop light, or running those tires at the track on the weekend, I'm pretty sure that they won't last long, but what tire would?!! Now if you drive to some level of normalcy, they will probably last very close to the recommended wear mileage. Hope this helps you in your decision.

Patrick

i had some BFG all seasons on my Loyale until just recently. they were pretty good tires, but were worn out after 35,000 miles or so. check out the Kumho Touring 795's for a good all season tire. i just put them on and have been pleased. they also get stellar reviews over on tirerack.com as well.

My Michelin experience is more general in nature and recent experience is with pickup tires (I haven't driven any Michelins on cars in a few years), so take this FWIW. I think Michelins are very good tires. They have excellent ride quality and often do last quite long. However, they're SO much more expensive than others that they're not worth the price to me. Also, once you get off the road and especially onto gravel, they get chewed up super-quickly (I'm talking about pickup tires).

My Michelin experience is more general in nature and recent experience is with pickup tires (I haven't driven any Michelins on cars in a few years), so take this FWIW. I think Michelins are very good tires. They have excellent ride quality and often do last quite long. However, they're SO much more expensive than others that they're not worth the price to me. Also, once you get off the road and especially onto gravel, they get chewed up super-quickly (I'm talking about pickup tires).

I have ran a few Michelins(bought used) and they were an alright tire. They do tend to get chewed up off pavement though. The price that they want for them new, I'll stick with the used ones.

As far as the BFG all seasons, my sister ran them on her sunfire, and they were a really good tire, it seemed like she put 40 or 50,000 on them.