Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea81 coupe vs ea81 sedan - some details please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:32 AM

I am after the wheel base of both these vehical (is it the same on both?)

Also after the weights of both cars.

And another thing, are the coupe doors the same as brat doors? and are hatch doors the same again? That one isn't important though :)

Thanks for any info.

#2 WagonsOnly

WagonsOnly

Now only WagonsMostly.

• Members
  • 1,475 posts
  • North Central CT

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:53 AM

The doors are *almost* the same; here in the States Brat doors don't have a reinforcement in them, unlike the coupes and hatches. That may be different in Australia (this had to do with different safety standards under US importation laws at the time). But they can be used interchangeably among the coupe, hatch and Brat.

Wheelbases are the same. (edit: between the coupe and sedan)

I don't know about the weight off the top of my head but will post tomorrow out of an owner's manual if no one beats me to it. (highly unlikely :) )

#3 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:31 PM

bump, for before its moved to p2 :)

#4 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:29 PM

Anyone know the weight of the two?

#5 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,796 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:57 PM

Don't know the weight, but the brat uses different side window glass than the hatch or coupe.

#6 samo

samo

Boo.

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • The Emerald City

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

^ ding! I was about to post that. The trailing edge of the Brat door glass curves forward significantly, whereas it does not on hatch/coupe glass.

#7 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

Hmm, I haven't noticed that. Thanks for the info tho, Now I will know to only get Brat doors if I ever need to replace one of mine.
I would like to know the weight as I would like to make a classic rally car with one of them. And would like to know if the coupe is significantly lighter. I imagine it would be much easier finding a sedan here in Aus though.

I was planning to use the engine out of my brat. Its the dual carb model, so it has better flow heads and the dual carbs of cause. But I am still thinking on it. I might have to spend an ULTRA amount of money for a rollcage as you can only race in particular rally's if you have a rollcage that is built by pros. Anyway, not 100% sure on it all right now. Just looking at my options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users