Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What symptoms indicate no AWD?

Also, how long have you owned the car and how many miles have you put on it?

I saw your other post indicating that there was a fuse installed, is that true?

If so when removed did it make a difference?

how exactly are you testing this? And when it does engage (should always be on) it'll be AWD, not 4x4, with 4x4 you will get some nasty binding when you turn.

the best way i've found to test if it's working, it to get yourself high centered on a large snowbank, and see if a wheel in the front & back are turning... :grin:

i had it stuck in the mud had to hand push it out only front wheel turning, no help from real wheels

how exactly are you testing this? And when it does engage (should always be on) it'll be AWD, not 4x4, with 4x4 you will get some nasty binding when you turn.

the best way i've found to test if it's working, it to get yourself high centered on a large snowbank, and see if a wheel in the front & back are turning... :grin:

no diffrence with the fuse, have put around 16,000 miles on car since owned. when cornering can sometime feels a slip. on start to move sometimes it revs a little before trans engaged. just changed trans filter and fluid it made a diffrence with the slipping on start. I was thinking because awd not working was causing slip?

What symptoms indicate no AWD?

Also, how long have you owned the car and how many miles have you put on it?

I saw your other post indicating that there was a fuse installed, is that true?

If so when removed did it make a difference?