Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WV/Pittsburgh area meet/junk run

A couple guys hinted on coming down this way in November and maybe grabbing some parts, so I thought I'd go ahead and get opinions on this.

What do you guys think about a weekend of hitting the mothers of all junkyards here in southwestern PA?

We could make it an all-weekend thing or just a one-day thing. Or I could do both and whoever wants to come either day can come.

The yards are open from 9-3 both days on the weekends. There's 2 monsters that I usually hit.

Here's what I was thinking we could do...

Friday night, everyone could come into the area. I have a tiny apartment so I can't really house anyone. But, hotels are cheap here at $30-$40 a night. There also is camping available at Cooper's Rock State Park 15 miles up the road. Saturday morning at 8 we could hit the road, to be at the yard at 9 when they open the gates. At 3 they'll kick us out, and we could be back here by 4. At that point anyone who wants to go can make their way back home, and for anyone who wants to hang out, we could probably cook out and have a few brews.

We could also run the same schedule on Sunday and hit the other yard. I'd be up for hosting both days, I love doing weekend-long junkyard trips.

Or, we could figure out what's best for everyone and settle on one single day.

I can provide directions to the yards themselves if anyone would like to meet there.

We have several local guys who would come along. Of course there's Conker and myself who live in town here, and our friend James will be a Soob owner by that point and will probably come along too. Skip lives 60 miles away, and Tin Soldier lives about 2 hours from the yards.

This area is about 5 1/2 hours from Philly/south Jersey, 3 1/2 hours from Baltimore/DC, 2 hours from central Ohio, 4 hours from central Indiana, and 9 hours from Milford, CT. (sorry Paul)

These yards are absolutely huge. Combined they have about 50 EA82's, probably 20 EA81's, about a half dozen mostly complete XT's (including an XT6 with intact engine, and an 87.5 full time 4WD turbo!!), and probably about 10 first gen Legacies. Admission is $1 and believe me it's worth it for the show alone!

Price list for both yards is located here: http://www.sechristautoparts.com/images/Cossells%20Price%20List.JPG

Anyone able to give a decent account of what's there before we drive approximately 9 hours??

My wish list at this moment,what I'm able to scratch out of my head with a small apartment filled with 4 wild kids at the moment:

Seriously sweet looking blue inner panels('87-89),

Blue carpet(wagon '85 up),

Wagon hatch struts,

silly little wagon parts like the rear closer tabs that slide in the rear hatch jamb,other misc.

Gimme a heads up whoever goes there next.If you print my list and check items off I'll buy you coffee AND a donut!!!Woohoo!!!

• 2 weeks later...

so when are we doing this Yard Run , Lets Set a Date !

Steve , you and i need to get together on this and really plan it , last sunday kicked rump roast and that was just 4 members going includeing us ! , seems if we have a set date we can get this yard meet a Reality .

Jeremy