Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wagon's condition ( My 85 GL)

well after 2 mos. since we did the reseal job, this car has been running like never before. i have big plans for it. i plan to get it lowered, yes LOWERED, stick a sound system in it, possibly a rear DVD entertainment system,5-lug conversion, do an ej swap if the "smog devils" let me, if not then an ea82T will work just fine, thats just a few of the things that i can think of now. oh yeah a keyless entry alarm system since i got power door locks.

why am i telling you this?.......cuz' i'm bored thats why!!! (singing) i'm all alone there's no one here beside me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: dang i sing good!!!! :banana:

I'm thinking 42" LCD in the boot, rear seats turned around, 5.1 sound, wireless internet, and a decent computer. lol...

Nah, decent sound (2 six inch speakers, one 15" sub, and a nice head unit) maybe a indash computer with a 7" screen pluged into the ECU. That would be nice I reckon. If you go to EJ you should put in a AWD. I think you'd (and everyone else) would be stupid to make it RWD. Its 4WD or AWD. Its a subie for*sake.

yes! My RX is getting lowered, with all the goodies in it that go along with a built EA82T. EJ? HECK NO! EJ's are for quitters! You wanna be a quitter? I sure as heck don't! Go with the EA82T!

Oh I'm as bored as a rock too. I could ramble all day about the EA82T I'm building but I've also had a few beers too:drunk:

yes! My RX is getting lowered, with all the goodies in it that go along with a built EA82T. EJ? HECK NO! EJ's are for quitters! You wanna be a quitter? I sure as heck don't! Go with the EA82T!

Oh I'm as bored as a rock too. I could ramble all day about the EA82T I'm building but I've also had a few beers too:drunk:

yeah!!! i'm not the only one with the idea of lowering my suby: with the difference that mine is a GL wagon. hey caboobaroo, what is needed to go from carbed ea82 to EA82T?

let see... you'll need the fuel pump, the engine (duh!), engine wiring harness and ECU, and little stuff but thats really about it. If you can get a complete car and just swap it all over, you'll have all the parts you'll need for the conversion.

Oh yeah, and my '79 4wd wagon was lowered, along with my '78 Brat, plus I lowered Hondasuck's '87 GL turbowagon too;)

let see... you'll need the fuel pump, the engine (duh!), engine wiring harness and ECU, and little stuff but thats really about it. If you can get a complete car and just swap it all over, you'll have all the parts you'll need for the conversion.

Oh yeah, and my '79 4wd wagon was lowered, along with my '78 Brat, plus I lowered Hondasuck's '87 GL turbowagon too;)

is there any rewiring involved? and what parts do you need for the lowering?

well when I lowered the '87 wagon, We also did the 5-lug conversion on it and the front struts were from a 2wd XT6 so it lowered the front a couple inches where the rear was still the stock height. Nice and raked, yeah. Anyways, I cut 1 1/2 coils from the rear and it leveled it back out pretty nicely. I do know that Impreza/Legacy coilovers from ebay work too. I'm actually putting in some Tien coilovers and struts into my RX for nice handling and kinda a rough ride.

The '79 wagon consisted of removing the bumpstops from the front and cutting 3 coils, the rear was reclocking the torsionbars and cutting the bumpstops so it wouldn't hit and the Brat was crankin the torsion bars down all the way and removing the front coils. very rough ride but I got used to it. Made it fun too since it was RWD;)

If you can get a whole donor car, there shouldn't be any rewiring at all. Just pull the whole harness out which is a pain in the @$$ don't get me wrong on that one, but it makes it easier then trying to splice it into your original harness which really doesn't work.

:eek:

well when I lowered the '87 wagon, We also did the 5-lug conversion on it and the front struts were from a 2wd XT6 so it lowered the front a couple inches where the rear was still the stock height. Nice and raked, yeah. Anyways, I cut 1 1/2 coils from the rear and it leveled it back out pretty nicely. I do know that Impreza/Legacy coilovers from ebay work too. I'm actually putting in some Tien coilovers and struts into my RX for nice handling and kinda a rough ride.

The '79 wagon consisted of removing the bumpstops from the front and cutting 3 coils, the rear was reclocking the torsionbars and cutting the bumpstops so it wouldn't hit and the Brat was crankin the torsion bars down all the way and removing the front coils. very rough ride but I got used to it. Made it fun too since it was RWD;)

If you can get a whole donor car, there shouldn't be any rewiring at all. Just pull the whole harness out which is a pain in the @$$ don't get me wrong on that one, but it makes it easier then trying to splice it into your original harness which really doesn't work.

:eek: thats alot of work!!! but i bet its worth it all :)