Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need some help with Loyale climate control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 demsgudeatin

demsgudeatin

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ft. Worth

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

Trying to figure out a vacumn problem with the climate control on a 92 Loyale. Where does the vacumn line go that enters the firewall on the Drivers side? I show 18 lbs on the other side of the canister on the passenger side so I'm going backwards until I find the problem. My guess is that the line goes to the selector switches for the climate control. The air will blow through the dash vents but no floor heat or defrost. I see that the A/C compressor runs on heat because the switch engages when the vacumn servo engages to run heat to the floor. That much I figured out. Has anybody had the climate control assembly with the pushbuttons go bad? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

generally in my expierence, they don't go "bad" - the hose that supplies the vacuum to the control gets accidentally disconnected, either on the dash end, or the underhood end - you will probably hear a vacuum hiss when this happens, and the A/C system gets stuck as you describe

if you have a manual with diagrams as to how it goes together (IE FSM, Haynes, Chilton), the dash control is actually really easy to access and examine

good luck

#3 demsgudeatin

demsgudeatin

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ft. Worth

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

The Chilton manual is a 300 page paperweight. No diagrams of the vacumn system other than emissions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users