Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SW Washington meet-Final Date

Hey guys...i'am really sorry about not getting back to you. i had a whole bunch of things come up, and i didnt have the internet to let you guys know that it wouldn't work out. (we had spyware on our network, and had to switch ISP's and so on)

For sure the second week of February will work....agian sorry for that....

Heres my proposed time 11:00 AM at Exit 63 at the park and ride. Is 11:00 AM good??

This is final if every one is ok with that...(it would be on Saturday-2nd weekend of Feb)...

Ok, i have internet agian; so that shouldn't happen anymore,

-Bill

Ok so, Saturday Feb 11th at 11am?

I'd still like to get an idea for where the trails you were talking about are so I can go take a look at them in advance. I used to live in Winlock and know my way around there pretty well.

I'll probably be in the middle of moving into my new house but I'll try and make it out for a while, I just have to get my wagon roadworthy by then.

Ok so, Saturday Feb 11th at 11am?

I'd still like to get an idea for where the trails you were talking about are so I can go take a look at them in advance. I used to live in Winlock and know my way around there pretty well.

I'll probably be in the middle of moving into my new house but I'll try and make it out for a while, I just have to get my wagon roadworthy by then.

Oh ok...you familiar with Jones Rd??

There is like a big mud hole up there, with some hillclimbes and stuff...then a bunch of gravel roads and stuff...its pretty fun up there...

Then i thought we could go cruising or something, and if there isn't to many people we could stop at this hamburger joint in Vader..awesome food there...

Thanks,

Bill

Oh ok...you familiar with Jones Rd??

There is like a big mud hole up there, with some hillclimbes and stuff...then a bunch of gravel roads and stuff...its pretty fun up there...

Then i thought we could go cruising or something, and if there isn't to many people we could stop at this hamburger joint in Vader..awesome food there...

Thanks,

Bill

Yeah, I know where it's at, sounds like a good spot to me.

I guess this means I need to hurry up and finish up my wagon. :D

Now we just need some more people. *hint*hint*

ok... I'm in for sure as long as there is someone there to pull me out if I break down, my wagon is almost back together, still need brakelines, exhaust, coolant/fuel lines, shocks and need to extend the shifter linkage(btw I thought of a REALLY great easy way to do this, but it will have so much slop it'll be like driving an old truck w/ 4 on the floor...)

where abouts is exit 63? on I5?

also I might get my uncle to come in his toyo pickup...

anyone I can call to get more info?

Exit 63 is on I-5 just about 15 minutes south of Centralia. The number to call is (360) 807 6365. Leave a message since he isn't always home. He will call back.

ok... I'm in for sure as long as there is someone there to pull me out if I break down, my wagon is almost back together, still need brakelines, exhaust, coolant/fuel lines, shocks and need to extend the shifter linkage(btw I thought of a REALLY great easy way to do this, but it will have so much slop it'll be like driving an old truck w/ 4 on the floor...)

where abouts is exit 63? on I5?

also I might get my uncle to come in his toyo pickup...

anyone I can call to get more info?

I should be there i am a newbie. i have a 87 subaru wagon that i am workin on. should hopefully be partially done by then. How far is that from vancouver, WA? i am thinkin if its near vadar may be a 45min drive? not to sure about the area. thanks
This is what Google shows for a location for Jones road. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=jones+road+winlock,wa+98596

Ok..everything is still a go for the meet....

Thanks Spanky Pete for posting the the directions for Jones Rd..

Remember guys were still meeting at the Park and Ride...

And just ahead of time...when we get on to Jones Rd...its pure washboard..dont even attempt any rallying stunts becuase its a really screwed up road. It looks innocent, but anything over 35 is insane..trust me, i wrecked my first car up there and went off a cliff so i know what its like...

So other than the road being kind of dangerous the off roading should be fun..saturday might be nice for a change, and its supposed to be dry all week, so it should dry out the mud hole a bit so its not to hard to get through...

See everyone on Saturday at 11, and have a safe trip getting here,

-Bill

Sorry to hear it scrap, I was looking forward to seeing that monster wagon of yours.

Things are looking up for me at least. I installed my new fuel pump and fixed the electric fan on my wagon last night. Now it looks like the only think I have left for Saturday is bleeding the brakes. :grin:

Sorry to hear it scrap, I was looking forward to seeing that monster wagon of yours.

Things are looking up for me at least. I installed my new fuel pump and fixed the electric fan on my wagon last night. Now it looks like the only think I have left for Saturday is bleeding the brakes. :grin:

Sounds like fun...

well my head gaskets are going to be done and complete tonight. so can a non lifted wagon make it through this road? my wagon is not lifted yet and i dont want to hold anyone up by getting stuck. If you think it will be to hard for me i wont go. i have never been on jones rd. but i do have experince rally driving/racing.let me know thanks!

well my head gaskets are going to be done and complete tonight. so can a non lifted wagon make it through this road? my wagon is not lifted yet and i dont want to hold anyone up by getting stuck. If you think it will be to hard for me i wont go. i have never been on jones rd. but i do have experince rally driving/racing.let me know thanks!
I'm pretty sure that EA82Loyale's car isn't lifted either. I think you'll be ok.

well guys i am sorry to say that i wont be able to make it. I really wanted to but a very high potential girlfriend called me and she wants me to spend the day with her in hood river. i guess she wants me to take her wheeling :brow::banana: so my car will still have some fun that day just not with dudes haha ;) anyways next time i will make it. anyways hope to see you guys some other time. may be at the WCSS? look for me and my white wag and a hot girl. lol have fun :drunk:

right on spanky,glad to hear that you'll be up and runnin now.to bad i'm a dollar short and a week late:lol: you'll have to come over here when the brat is off road ready.....we can tool around my hood.....

alright.. good news, hubs were done today, the machinist there was kinda interested in my project and pushed them ahead... I might be able to make it, but I wont have good tires for about a month cause I dont have any money($320 to get my hubs drilled :banghead: ). so I got 2 semi decent wildcat a/t, another with good tread but loses air, and another that has a really bad wear on one side of the tread... but if a stock wagon can go over it I'm sure I can with these...

how many of you got radios?