Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nose Job.. My No Buck progress

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rllywgn

rllywgn

Diff Lock Dynamite!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Vegas Baby

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:15 AM

hers what i got so far.. i need to do a little welding or recruit someone near buy to assist:D but its coming along with zero out of pocket.
Posted Image
i cut out all but the frame of the grill and inserted some cool Aluminum mesh.. and notice the notched bumper for additional cooling(welding needed)
Posted Image
I believe thats about 6" off the front.. turn signal guards may be useless but the fit the theme.. who knows.. may stop a rock..
Posted Image
i have a slightly bent up lower valance, thats coming off tomorrow to get a lil straightning.. If someone has a rx front air dam they want to let go of shoot me a pm.

more to come..

rllywgn
88 GL-10 turbo sedan
ft4wd~5spd~lsd

#2 BoostedBalls

BoostedBalls

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Cornelius, OR

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:12 AM

Looks ***************en, I am planning on doing something similar with my RX. I don't like the way the bumpers stick way out like they do.

I can help you with the welding. Maybe weld in a piece of angle iron where you cut the sheetmetal to stiffen it up a bit and keep the cooling effect?

I'm in Cornelius, OR, near Hillsboro.

#3 Island Roo

Island Roo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Quadra Island

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:19 AM

looks good, maybe move the signals behind the grill and chop the rest of the bumper

#4 rllywgn

rllywgn

Diff Lock Dynamite!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Vegas Baby

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:28 AM

what id like to do is box in the cut out section and weld in a smoothy plate along the protruding tab on top and bottom of the bumper. i think it should give the front end a nice clean look with flush turn signals

#5 Frank B

Frank B

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,226 posts
  • VA

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:23 AM

That's what I was planning on doing to my 89 this summer! Cool man. I plan on doing away with the blinkers in the bumper, and trying to re-wire the side marker light(next to the headlights) to be the blinkers with an amber bulb.

I agree that the bumpers make the car look goofy.

#6 rllywgn

rllywgn

Diff Lock Dynamite!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Vegas Baby

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:16 PM

UPDATE!

so today i yanked the passenger side fender and removed the intake silencer box thing. I then proceeded to hack the bottom of the airbox out. sounds throaty almost ricey but more throaty so i think its ok.

so now where to in the no buck build up? i guess i could spend maybe ten bucks.. any one have any suggestions on where to go next?

#7 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,920 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

climb under rear of car and unbolt the muffler. Give you a nice piped out sound to it.

#8 rllywgn

rllywgn

Diff Lock Dynamite!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Vegas Baby

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:15 AM

when i get to the money end of the project it will have 2.5" from the turbo back and a shiny muffler for those occasions that it gets washed.

#9 rllywgn

rllywgn

Diff Lock Dynamite!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Vegas Baby

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:39 PM

so i made some more progress on the front end finally.. having a welder really helps. oh and i may have spent a few bucks on some really bright lights.. somethings you just cant get for free

this is what i started with..
Posted Image
then i started boxing it all in..
Posted Image
i still need ro make sides for the bumper.. just trying to figure out a good way to do it..
Posted Image
Posted Image

so yeah mo betta.. starting to look more and more like the rally machine i want it to be.. im dreaming of a wrx front clip... mmm...:headbang:

rllywgn

#10 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 4,107 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

I plan on doing away with the blinkers in the bumper, and trying to re-wire the side marker light(next to the headlights) to be the blinkers with an amber bulb.

Do believe that Subaru Master Guru, Skip,, has one of his rides re-wired so that the side markers are the turn signals now. May want to do a search for that.

#11 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,478 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

the lights look good but it looks like you need to aim them.

#12 rllywgn

rllywgn

Diff Lock Dynamite!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Vegas Baby

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:18 PM

should be dark enough now... just installed them this afternoon..

rllywgn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users