Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ice Track 06

Once again the ice track is in full effect. Unfortunately it snowed last night so that made for very slow lap times today, but it was still good fun.

Approximate map of this year's track

Video of one lap of the track

I do the long sweeper after the start/finish area twice in the vid...once at the beginning and once at the end (with much better control the second time).

Video of me dicking around in the start/finish oval trying to fine tune my powerslide

The snow hurts traction and robs a lot of power. When it's "dry" you can brake really late for some of the turns and stay in the throttle long enough to swing the needle to the better side of 70 on several of the straights. Don't think I exceeded 65 today.

Yeah...once I sorted the issues with the oil passages and did a re-seal for kicks, I picked up a new sending unit. Now it reads 35 PSI hot idle and anything over 2500 RPM or so puts the needle in the 60+ range. I could run 3 soobs with that much oil pressure! :brow: